Met Aa Pg Member Face To Face Today

We should have a big forum get together. Maybe in Austin?

I was thinking it would be really cool if we started a club or something and had events (tech sessions and what not) but alas I think Pmarlin is the only one in my neck of the woods. But we could still do something annually ya know?

That would be sweet! I'd definitely try and get out there if we had one.

CMA

Sounds good!! Andy I just realized you live in Greensboro!! My Grandparents lived on Kimberly Dr close to the country club. They both passed in the 80s, Haven't been in that neck of the woods since, but I still remember it well.

mk

I could meet in Austin after July with no problem. My oldest daughter and her family are moving there in July. So I plan on being there on a regular basis

MK

Edited by MiKro

I was thinking it would be really cool if we started a club or something and had events (tech sessions and what not) but alas I think Pmarlin is the only one in my neck of the woods. But we could still do something annually ya know?

CMA

Sounds good!! Andy I just realized you live in Greensboro!! My Grandparents lived on Kimberly Dr close to the country club. They both passed in the 80s, Haven't been in that neck of the woods since, but I still remember it well.

mk

I could meet in Austin after July with no problem. My oldest daughter and her family are moving there in July. So I plan on being there on a regular basis

MK

Awesome. Yeh, that is about a 25 minute drive from where I live.

I've got a sister in Texas so I could probably drop by on the way to visit.

CMA

Edited by CrazyManAndy

CMA

mk

MK

Shoot me a PM next time your down that way and we'll set something up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I feel so out of the loop, seems like a lot of the builders here are from texas, australia,

haha but texas is a state and austrlia as a country.........a frieken huge one..and no ones from sydney

So Tim, you're telling me there's not a single member of this forum in Sydney? There has to be ...............

In fact , off the top of my head I can name Thirdstone as your neighbour.

I'll tell you what. If you organise a big get together in oz (Sydney) and you get a fair indication of a good turnout,

I'll fly to Sydney and meet you and other interested parties for a PG Oz forum.

Or you could move to Melbourne, Perth, Queensland or Adelaide and be nearer to the rest of us. :D

(B.T.W I caught up with Deano a.k.a. 'the axe' on ther weekend and we did some building at my digs.

He's got a build thread in progress and it's gonna be a cracker!!!)

cheers, Stu

Hehe....today I got invited to attend a conference at UWA in Perth in November. I'm very seriously thinking of going and dropping in on Perry.

Be sure you call for an appointment. :D

Might want to grab an estimate on hourly rates from him. I'd bet an hour of his time will run you $500-$1000 easy, lol, jk. That guy never sounds like he has a second to breath, so to hang with him, he might just put you and those radiusing bits to work.

He's Australian so beer is currency. :D

When I first started here,there were only a very few in Texas,and none in Austin...now there are at least a dozen within driving distance(in Texas,under 3 hours is driving distance)
Damn only 3 hours for you? I always used 5 hrs as my gauge of driving distance in Texas LOL:)))) a good hunting lease was driving distance to me. LMAO!!!

MK

I feel so out of the loop, seems like a lot of the builders here are from texas, australia,

haha but texas is a state and austrlia as a country.........a frieken huge one..and no ones from sydney

So Tim, you're telling me there's not a single member of this forum in Sydney? There has to be ...............

In fact , off the top of my head I can name Thirdstone as your neighbour.

I'll tell you what. If you organise a big get together in oz (Sydney) and you get a fair indication of a good turnout,

I'll fly to Sydney and meet you and other interested parties for a PG Oz forum.

Or you could move to Melbourne, Perth, Queensland or Adelaide and be nearer to the rest of us. :D

(B.T.W I caught up with Deano a.k.a. 'the axe' on ther weekend and we did some building at my digs.

He's got a build thread in progress and it's gonna be a cracker!!!)

cheers, Stu

haha yeha i guess its not all true

although i would cost like $3 these days to fly to queenland or something with jetstar :D

but the last sydney guy went to france to build a guitar

not sure ive "met" thirdstone on here

should come up for their open days

not really guitar building but still would be good

Edited by tim_ado
Damn only 3 hours for you? I always used 5 hrs as my gauge of driving distance in Texas LOL:)))) a good hunting lease was driving distance to me. LMAO!!!

MK

well,once or twice a year I drive 5 hours to Port Aransas to visit my sister...I leave in the morning and drive back the same day...but I dn't enjoy the drive back.

MK

well,once or twice a year I drive 5 hours to Port Aransas to visit my sister...I leave in the morning and drive back the same day...but I dn't enjoy the drive back.

Wes, thats traveling in my book, not just driving distance. LOL:)))) Driving to Austin from Dallas and back the same day is driving distance.

MK