Schaller Bridge Post Inserts / Bushings

Hi

Im just looking for someones opinion...

I replaced the bridge on my Eastwood Ultra GP guitar from a Wraparound bridge to a Schaller 455 Tun-o-matic...

I wasnt aware that the Bridge Bushings were of a smaller diameter (bearly a mm) then the original inserts, as such they fitted into the cavity but could be pulled out by hand...

Being a newby to Upgrades / Maintenance I have secured them by using Superglue on the outside of the bushing and pushed them straight into the inserts...

I had checked the bridge bushings afterwords by pulling on them and they are secure and at the correct angle..

The only thing that I am worried about is that would the bushings still be ok with time to come...Would the Superglue wear out and the posts come out or is this ok and it will be in perminently

I think its ok just wanted some reassurance...

Im not worried about them being glued in perminently as Im not going to change the bridge.

Best Rgds

Gemil :D

The best thing to do is glue in a piece of wood that fits the whole perfectly with woodglue and drill to accept the new studs. If you are dead set on gluing them in the oversize holes, you should use epoxy, it works much better in situations where there is a gap or looseness involved.

The best thing to do is glue in a piece of wood that fits the whole perfectly with woodglue and drill to accept the new studs. If you are dead set on gluing them in the oversize holes, you should use epoxy, it works much better in situations where there is a gap or looseness involved.

Thanks for the tips m8

Will the superglue be ok though.... :D

Thanks for the tips m8

Will the superglue be ok though.... :D

I seriously doubt it. Superglue tends to let go after a while. Personally I wouldn't trust it to superglue if there is 1mm difference like you said.