readjusting Ibanez 7 string lo pro edge

I recently bought a 1999 ibanez 7 string ( i believe its a 7620 but the sticker wasnt on the back). In any rate the original owner had monkeyed with the trem and had it tuned down like a step and a half. I triad to get it back to pitch but i could only get six of the seven strings to pitch before everything went haywire. I looked in the tutorials for help but couldnt find any help. if anyone could help me out youd be saving me the cost of a setup.

if he was tuned down that much he might have put a heavier set of strings on , but where it's a 7 string there aren't that many sets available so they're probably the right gauge... (14-56)..... so just to trouble shoot, you unlocked all the clamps on the nut, reset the fine tuners to the middle, tightened the spring claw in the back of the guitar, then tuned up, adjust the spring claw as needed so that the bridge sits level with the guitar when all strings are perfectly in tune.

if it's just an issue that you can't tighten the spring claw enough to compensate for the bridge and that last string, then go buy another spring for a repair shop, but 3 is usualy the norm...

i'f you've done that and there's still one string that isn't getting up to the note check

the saddle clamp to make sure the string isn't slowly getting pulled out

that there's enough wraps around the tunning post so that it's not slipping out of there

that the saddle is securely tightened to the baseplate to prevent it from moving forward.

it might help if you defined "haywire".... what exactly went wrong?

Thanks for the respone. What i mean by haywire is that everytime i get any of the six strings in tune the seventh one is always do far flat that when i tune it up it throws all the others out of tune as well. I have done any adjusting to the claw in the back but yeah i have the fine turners at "half thread" and the locking nut is popped. and i even tried tuning out form the middle but to no avail thus far. Does that give you any clearer of a picture. I hope so cuz i dont want to pay for a set up when i should be able to do it myself! :D

...I have done any adjusting to the claw in the back but yeah i have the fine turners at "half thread" and the locking nut is popped....

except for that typo, "have not?" i'd say just keep tuning over and over and over...... and over again it takes a while, the more strings the longer it takes, and tighten the spring claw screws as needed

none, you leave the strings as they are, and just tighten each screw like a half or full turn, to bring the bridge down so that it's level with the guitar and keep tuning..... or losen by a half or full turn on each screw if the bridge is dipping into the guitar......and just keep tuning each string over and over and over and over...... and justwhen you think you're done, do it twice more, then lock the nut, play for a couple mins, unlock the nut then tune a couple more times..... and you'll almost be done

just make sure you're adjusting the spring claw screws on the back of the guitar, not the pivot points that control the action height of the bridge.... just thought i'd make sure that was clear...

cool im going to give it a try! thanx for the advice. BTW I am also working on converting an RG 560 to a Jem with a Two Tone Swirl. as Well as refinning a les paul copy to a bullseye ( i know two pretty cliche things to do but you gotta start somewhere). When I get down with those ill post some pics and hopefully you guys can critique!