Acrylic Clear For Spray Guns

Hi Guys,

I'm going to be getting a spray gun/compressor kit from an EBay seller in the next couple of days and I've been looking at all the finishing options. I've decided on Acrylic as it's waterbased.

I've seen a few online such as the Chestnut acrylic but does anybody use another acrylic or recommend something else for a noobie sprayer?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Hi Guys,

I'm going to be getting a spray gun/compressor kit from an EBay seller in the next couple of days and I've been looking at all the finishing options. I've decided on Acrylic as it's waterbased.

I've seen a few online such as the Chestnut acrylic but does anybody use another acrylic or recommend something else for a noobie sprayer?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Chris,

Be carefull, acrylics come in a number of differing compositions. True, some are waterbased - i think these tend to be 'craft' type paints - but all of the 2 part automotive acrylics i've come in contact with have isocyanates (cyanide) as a part component and these can be lethal so please check with your supplier before committing yourself. Oh, on a side note, if your spraying waterbased and your gun's internal's aren't stainless be prepared for some premature component failure. As for physical brands i can't really comment, i'm no paint expert. I use Chestnut's stain's quite often and have always had good results but i've never tried any of their finishing products as i use high solid automotive nitro.

Jem