Akustik Tonewoods?

• 1 month later...
hi folks, anyone ever used these guys?

their prices (which you have to ask for) sem pretty reasonable and they do free shipping and cash on delivery on orders of over 200 Euro

akustik wood

Yes, I did: after some months and more stories I got finally my order, but 50% were heavily off quarter and the measurements did not fit (sides too small for D-size, the given measurements on the internet page is not what they are delivering) so I had to send a lot back. I know some others who have bought from them and it seems to be always the same: they are mixing minor wood in larger orders (and calculate for regular). The usable wood was nice, but the price / piece is more than expected after paying postage for return.

hi folks, anyone ever used these guys?

their prices (which you have to ask for) sem pretty reasonable and they do free shipping and cash on delivery on orders of over 200 Euro

akustik wood

Yes, I did: after some months and more stories I got finally my order, but 50% were heavily off quarter and the measurements did not fit (sides too small for D-size, the given measurements on the internet page is not what they are delivering) so I had to send a lot back. I know some others who have bought from them and it seems to be always the same: they are mixing minor wood in larger orders (and calculate for regular). The usable wood was nice, but the price / piece is more than expected after paying postage for return.

Interesting, Could you elaborate on what heavily off quarter is(8%,10%,20%,30%). Where you able to check for runnout( Was the stock processed well from split wood)? What grade were you purchasing, and what was the pricing like at that grade vs a lower grade? Sounds like you had a significant wait for your order(how long was shipment delayed prior to shipping? and how much time did it take for the shipping itself). Sorry to be overly curious... :D

Peace,Rich