Best Way To Attach A Mirror Top

whats the best way? i cant find anything about how to secure it to the top. i would think some kind of epoxy, because i would really hate to use screws. and by the way, this is acrylic mirror im thinking of. any ideas?

Edited by killemall8

quick question.. do mirror guitars literally have mirrors or is it some kind of very reflective material?

the only ones i have seen have been acrlyic mirror, like in my first post. acrylic mirror is plexiglass mirror. it is used in places that regular mirror might break. most claim to be unbreakable.

about the acrylic mirror (or any mirror guitar, for that matter), how do you fold it for the arm rest area??

I normally use silicone to attach mirror pieces. I have a few customers that I rout out their bodies, and supply the mirror tops ready to install for, and they do the rest. One customer uses a hot glue gun. On the first job he learned the hard way to apply the hot melt glue to the wood first, and not the mirror.

Actually, the mirror manufacturer recommends using only certain mastic adhesive. They claim that over time, any other adhesives will eat into the mirror and become visible.

Here is an example of a top I used silicone on:

silver1.jpg

about the acrylic mirror (or any mirror guitar, for that matter), how do you fold it for the arm rest area??

if you heat the acrylic mirror it bends. iv bent it over the fender stye headstocks using a heat gun. its fine so long as you're careful. and if you want a cool effect on the mirror, heat i from behind. the mirror part bubbles and contorts and looks pretty cool