Jimmy Page Electrics

rustlers_bar

Can you be a little more specific about what you're looking for? If you want the vintage warm blues tone of the Three Kings (Albert, BB and Freddie), then two humbuckers, and either a Page setup or PRS McCarty setup. If, no the other hand, you're a SRV fan, then stock Strat wiring or an RG/JEM style HSH setup will give you almost everything you could ask for. Keep in mind that most blues sounds owe a lot more to technique, heavy gauge strings, and lower gain pickups than to your wiring. And don't forget, before he became shred central, Grover Jackson made some serious single coil Texas Twangsters.

well im a huge Jimmy Page fan and ideally i would be looking for something similar to his style. however im not really expecting it to sound exactly like his if at all. as long as i have a vers vintage blues sound in manner of cream, led zepp, yardbirds etc.

i already have a telecaster for blues, im just doing this for a bit of fun, i plan to do alot of other things to the guitar.

keep in mind on pages sound:

1. if you listening to the studio recordings it wasnt all les pauls and sgs. Not a page expert but i know theres tele's and danelectros in there as well.

2. his studio sound was a lot to do with small amps cranked up

you can generally get close to his tone with his wiring.

i know alot about what guitars page used and about the small amps etc, as i said im a huge fan of jimmy page and zepp in general, however he primarily used his lp, he started off on the first album and some of the second with the telecaster then from then on it was mostly lp, telecaster on stairway to heaven (doubleneck sg was later used for live shows) danelectro on physical graffiti and a strat for the last 2 albums, well thats mainly it anyhoo to the best of my knowledge. :D

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Just for the record the wiring should be the Joe Walsh wiring...Joe gave the Paul to Jimmy. None the less, I say go for it. I use the wiring as stock on all my guits, and it is hella versatile. He uses ceramic HBs, so alnico's wont give you the same sound.

PS he also used a Gretsch 6120 on the last 3 albums. And Starway has some controversy over tele/fenderXII and Les Paul/Fender XIII. Just ask joe..."That's the paul I gave him"