Wah Wah Modifications

sb guitars

• 2 weeks later...
That could mean anything you want. Short for "modification" and that includes anything from spraying it purple to soldering in volume / tone controls.

explain-the volume one-would it be a boost or just a volumecontrol when the wah is on-or can it be that the pedal, when off becomes a volume pedal like the morley peds.

does modding them usually mean to boost the pedals ability or just add things on

most of the mods on the page i showed change the way the wah pedal sounds, because not all wahs sound the same. I.e the vocal mod changes a resistor to make the wah effect more vocal. The gain bass and midrange mods affect the amount of gain bass and mids in the wah effect. The volume mod gives an increase in volume when the wah is activated. swapping inductors can have a big effect on the sound because not all inductors are created equal and they are responsoble for a lot of the wah sound.

They are not shown on the page i linked to but other common mods would be to have switches and pots added to the pedal to control some of those things i just mentioned.

The other common mod is to convert a wah so it is 'true bypass'. On some efects pedals your sound signal travels all the way through the pedal even when the pedal is turned off - obviously this may colour the sound a bit. Converting to true bypass means that the signal bypasses the wah circuitry all together when the pedal is turned off and you get your natural tone at the other end

to mod your wah just means changing it from how it left the factory - be that adding things, improving things or just tweaking it to a sound you prefer

most of the mods on the page i showed change the way the wah pedal sounds, because not all wahs sound the same. I.e the vocal mod changes a resistor to make the wah effect more vocal. The gain bass and midrange mods affect the amount of gain bass and mids in the wah effect. The volume mod gives an increase in volume when the wah is activated. swapping inductors can have a big effect on the sound because not all inductors are created equal and they are responsoble for a lot of the wah sound.

They are not shown on the page i linked to but other common mods would be to have switches and pots added to the pedal to control some of those things i just mentioned.

The other common mod is to convert a wah so it is 'true bypass'. On some efects pedals your sound signal travels all the way through the pedal even when the pedal is turned off - obviously this may colour the sound a bit. Converting to true bypass means that the signal bypasses the wah circuitry all together when the pedal is turned off and you get your natural tone at the other end

to mod your wah just means changing it from how it left the factory - be that adding things, improving things or just tweaking it to a sound you prefer

thank you that was the exact answer i was looking for!