Truss Rod Types, Recommends?

Im getting ready to rout the truss rod valley in the neck, and see that alot of you experienced luthiers are going with the single action rod. Looking at LMI, and Stewi-mac, they seem compatible.

What are the pros and cons of single action, Stewi Hot Rod, and LMI high end double action rods?

There is a similar thread going on right now you might like to check out:

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=30646

CMA

Thanks, thems for electrics, but it looks like the upper rod is for insurance or backbow, Im using dead on quarter sawn wood,and will use proper size frets, so I dont see that as a likely issue, and the little curve inside the neck should take care of a little bit of that anyway, shouldnt it?

I've been using the Stewmac hotrod for the last 3 builds and realized its not really needed. I know its easier to install (just rout a straight flat channel and pop it in) and IS a good safety precaution for backbow. But realistically I don't come across many guitars (1 or 2 in ten years so far) with backbow problems. And I've mentioned before that if I ever build a guitar that has this problem then I better stop making them. :D I can make 6 single action truss rods for half the price of one single action sold online.

But its up to you, ya gotta try them all before you find out what you like.

I've been using the Stewmac hotrod for the last 3 builds and realized its not really needed. I know its easier to install (just rout a straight flat channel and pop it in) and IS a good safety precaution for backbow. But realistically I don't come across many guitars (1 or 2 in ten years so far) with backbow problems. And I've mentioned before that if I ever build a guitar that has this problem then I better stop making them. :D I can make 6 single action truss rods for half the price of one single action sold online.

But its up to you, ya gotta try them all before you find out what you like.

Southpaw, where do you get your rod material? and do you have to heat up the bend at the end? Thanks