Super Glue On Your Nuts?

So the latest neck I'm working on is nearing completion. Just wondering if it would be wise to attach the nut to the neck with superglue. Any reason to believe it wouldnt be strong enough? Anyone ever tried this?

Specs are: 3 piece red oak neck, indian rosewood fretboard, zebrawood head plate.

So the latest neck I'm working on is nearing completion. Just wondering if it would be wise to attach the nut to the neck with superglue. Any reason to believe it wouldnt be strong enough? Anyone ever tried this?

Specs are: 3 piece red oak neck, indian rosewood fretboard, zebrawood head plate.

super glue on my nuts? no way! lol. reminds me of the movie american pie. lol. :D

seriously now, I would put just 2 drops on the bottom of the nut and 2 on the side, where it touches the fingerboard end.

and yes, it will be strong enough.

I usually use one or two very small drops. It's plenty strong but it can still be popped off easily if the need arises.

I like that idea Godin about using just enough because it makes it easier to take off down the line. I've seen a few different things on changing nuts and some show pics where taking them out caused all kinds of problems with surround wood getting ripped out. Your method is probably what I'll do from now on as it makes sense to me.

That title is funny, I was going to suggest going to the hospital for that one.

stitching them back on is the only way to ensure that they'll work again. super glue will hold them there, but they just kinda dangle. go to the hospital. unless you've already put it on, in which case you should still go to the hospital.

sorry, i had to. super glue works, put a dot on each end and one in the middle. small dots.

I used more than a few small dots for my lap steel, because the nut was intentionally tall and I didn't want the pressure over the nut (which doesn't go perfectly straight down) to knock the thing off. It is Krazy strong and ain't going anywhere.

I used it (CA)on a cut once, so I could get to the Hospital for stitches ( also used it on a bird dog once for the same reason)? Not sure if I would on my NUTZ though!!!!!!! Most likely I'd put them on ice and hope like hell they can put them back on!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!

Seriously though, Godins choice is well founded as is using Elmers, or Titebond. Just holds it in place while changing the strings.

Just my .02cents

MK