Values For Vintage Hot Rod '52 Tele

Berserker

Building a VHR '52 Tele clone and would like opinions (suggestions) for pot and cap values. I have a SD mini-humbucker in the neck and a Fralin Stock Tele Replacement Style BRIDGE @ 6.6k in the bridge. I have CTS pots in both 500k and 250k varieties available and a supply of both .022 and .047 orange drop caps. I'm trying to duplicate (within reason, of course) the tone of the stock VHR '52, if possible. Any suggestions as to what combinations I should use to attain this? I'm wondering if the higher value pots will muddy the highs too much for a tele sound. Thanks for all your help.

Gil

I'm wondering if the higher value pots will muddy the highs too much for a tele sound.

I believe the higher pot value will make it sound brighter. The reason is that with the pot all the way up, the pickup sees 500k between it and ground instead of 250k. Highs are weak, so they "leak" to ground with the 250k and won't as much with 500k or 1Meg.