Possible Guitar Shape

:D zandro,

I like it, but I agree about the refining issues. I personally think that it's a good base just the time consuming fiddly bits to do. I spent over a month playing around with various designs, then I plumped for a Les Paul because I'm crap at aesthetics and can't do any better.

I'll print the drawing out and run it past the missus, she's an arty type and is remarkably good at this sort of thing, spliting it down into its basic shapes and such forth.

I'll post something on Monday if I remember (all the B) made my memory a bit fuzzy)

If I forget then send a post to remind me!

I'll print the drawing out and run it past the missus, she's an arty type and is remarkably good at this sort of thing, spliting it down into its basic shapes and such forth.

I'll post something on Monday if I remember (all the :D made my memory a bit fuzzy)

If I forget then send a post to remind me!

Wow, sweet! Thanks a lot, I'd appreciate knowing what a real artist or arty-type thinks.

...Wes, you claim that have the edge of the body that close to the neck pickup will lead to an unstable area there. I guess I'm thinking of a different aspect of stability than you are. Say I build it as is and it is unstable there - what might cause it to break? By unstable I assumed you meant the string tension might cause a break, but are you thinking of failure due to some other cause?

he's probably refering mostly to tuning stability, if you have a week joint there it's going to bend, and throw your strings out of tune everytime you pick it up, or worst case, if you try to slap some big old strings on there you could start seeing a crack :D

I think it's a pretty cool design so far. Only thing I might suggest is a little more curve on the front of the horns. It might give it a little more of a PRS type look. It's up to you whether thats good or bad. Since your working on a CAD program making changes is a lot easier than had drawing. I would make a copy of what you have now, and change a few minor things and then compare. It will be a lot easier to tell what you like and what you don't. BTW, I think the headstock is pretty sweet, although it looks a lot like the Warmoth shape headstocks, check their site. The Brian Moore idea with a little scoop taken out would look killer.

Scott

I think it looks good, and less like the other guitars you see out there, which will make it unique. Pedulla makes a bass that looks similar to that body shape (thunderbass) and I really like it. As for what makes it look a little strange is that the body and neck meet too high. I'd shift the neck joint, pickups (and bridge) back a few inches, perhaps at the 21st or so. The headstock os good, and it reminds me of the S-classic models by Ibanez.