Where Find White Vol Knob W Black Numbers?

Where can you Get Fender-style (=Ibanez JEM style) White Volume and Tone Knobs with BLACK text/numbers, NOT Gold text ?

I have searched google and e-bay without results, but I know there are Guitars with those Knobs (old Fender).

I just can't Find anyone Who sells the black font Knobs.

Edited by Metallion

Did a google and the first one on the list was Allparts

Allparts

White knob w/black numbers

Actually here is the strat knobs but no picture

Strat knob

The 0153's have black numbers and the 025's are white knobs

0153 stands for TONE.

PK_0140-025 is a CLEAR knob.

PK_0153-025 is a Tone Knob with no picture, but the PK_0154-025 is the Volume equivalent of PK_0153-025 and has Gold text, so Tone will most likey be the same.

So Black Numbered, White Fender Tone and Volume knobs are still to be found.

Edited by Metallion

I dunno, I'm thinking Wez had the right idea when he said make em', it'll basically initiate you into the site. Thats basically, why everyone is here to build their own stuff. I checked most of the stores I could think of and didn't find any like you mentioned, I'm thinking they might not even make them now, otherwise most of these places would offer them. I saw a number of other style knobs that were white and black numbers. The closest thing to that I found were cream or mint colored knobs with black, which both basically look vintage and might actually be what you saw. Anyhow, here is a link to the pics cream and mint knobs. Best of luck in finding them, I would seriously consider making your own from the gold ones, if you can't find anything because its looking like they aren't sold anymore. Good luck. J

Sorry about that I didnt realize they had tone and volume on them. I dont read knobs I just know which one is which on my guitars. If I had to look down and read my knobs after playing for 20 years it would be time to quit playing. :D Guess I better edit my post so no one follows my bad info.

yeah don't trust the pictures, I ordered some cream speed knobs & they were more like custard yellow in the flesh. Something that you might consider is what I'm going to do, buy clear knobs with the black text & paint the inside white (or cream in my case).

• 7 months later...
yeah don't trust the pictures, I ordered some cream speed knobs & they were more like custard yellow in the flesh. Something that you might consider is what I'm going to do, buy clear knobs with the black text & paint the inside white (or cream in my case).

Talked with the Swedish Distributor and they DO NOT have white with black text Tone or Vol knobs, only White/gold! Although Allparts USA claims so.

these is NO Black text white knobs available in the entire World - that I have found. :D

Edited by Metallion

As some others suggested, try making some. It really would be easy enough and you would be the only person to have them, considering no ones makes those. Thats really why I like this site, making your own stuff is the basic purpose that this site supports. It always feels so much more gratifying when you make your own anyway. Just buy white and gold knobs and a quick diy job and bammm, you can kick it up another notch with black numbers! I guess its your only real solution at this point anyhow, since they don't make them. Anyhow, best of luck and let us know what you do and how it works out. J

gold turns black (or, rather, dirt and sweat and crud fills in the lettering) :D

thats the basic idea - just speed up the process with some black paint

I did this technique for the first time when i was 14 - my mum had an MGB GT.. nice classic british sports car. the gear stick was the usual black with imprinted white lettering with a nice overdrive switch (read - early cruise control) but the white had become dirty over the years and you could hardly see it. All we did was clean out the grooves as best we could and ran a small amount of white paint into the letters and lines with a small brush.

It worked perfectly

Hello everyone! I've been a long-time lurker of this forum, but just decided to join. So this is my first post! Yay me!

Anyway, apparently I'm the only one here that's also a member at OffsetGuitars.com, because otherwise somebody else from over there would have mentioned by now that if you're looking for white witch hat knobs, you need to join that forum and talk to a guy named Fullerplast.

Gawd, that sounds so cryptic.

If you're not interested in going that route, I'd say that eBay or making your own knobs is your best bet. There's a great photo tutorial about molding your own plastic parts on the MIMF by a guy named David Robinson.

Anyway, apparently I'm the only one here that's also a member at OffsetGuitars.com, because otherwise somebody else from over there would have mentioned by now that if you're looking for white witch hat knobs, you need to join that forum and talk to a guy named Fullerplast.

There's a great photo tutorial about moulding your own plastic parts on the MIMF by a guy named David Robinson.

Can you ask Fullerplast? - too lazy to join a new forum just to ask for knobs.

Can't find it on MIMF.com. Got a link?

eBay? White With black text? one in a billion.

Most troublesome is than No-one fabricates them, Every Fabricator in the entire world prints gold! (hope not)

Edited by Metallion

Here's a picture of Fullerplast's knobs:

knobs1ck8.jpg

He sells them for $45/set +$5.85 shipping.

They are genuine Fender NOS witch hat knobs as found on late sixties Jazzmasters.

Yes, they are very expensive, but that's just becasue they're so rare.

I can be the go-between if you'd like. Just PM me your email address.

David Robinson's photo-essay on molding your own plastic pickup covers and other small parts

As for Ebay, yes, they're one in a billion.

• 2 weeks later...