What Kind Of Paint Should I Use For Swirling?

I've read the site's tutorial which said to use oil-based paint. The problem I have is that the oil-paint I use won't dissipate in the water. Instead, it sinks. According to the label, it uses "pure linseed oil." I also tried one with "modified linseed oil" with similar results. I don't live in the UK, so I have no access to Humbrol. What paint can I use?

it has been talked about alot but im not sure if anyone has given a definite answer yet. what ive figured out so far is that humbrol enamel paints are the best. make sure they're enamel and not the acrylic kinds. Or you can just experiment, but make sure its enamel not just oil paints because ive tried reeves oil paints for example and they just keep there shape and sit in the bottom of the bucket.

I've read the site's tutorial which said to use oil-based paint. The problem I have is that the oil-paint I use won't dissipate in the water. Instead, it sinks. According to the label, it uses "pure linseed oil." I also tried one with "modified linseed oil" with similar results. I don't live in the UK, so I have no access to Humbrol. What paint can I use?

If your oil paint comes in a tube and is a solid consistency , you will never be able to thin it enough to swirl.

What you want is oil based paint.The other posters are right.The most recommended paint on the forums is Humbrol. You can get this stuff at any hobby shop. Despite what the tutorial on the project guitar forum says i also have used testors with pretty fair results.The tutorial guy uses PLasti kote. Remember whatever hobby paint you do buy, there are sub catagories, gloss, matt,metallic,each one will have different properties and react differently in the water and with other each other.

This is the tedium of the art.

Also keep in mind certain colors are going to be thicker and thinner etc so you will need to have paint thinner or mineral spirits.

W