Suppliers For Quilted Maple Today?

GuitarMaestro

I was absent from building guitars for some years now and most people I used to buy maple tops from are gone out of business or have ridiculous prices. On the bay for example the only seller left with quality stuff is buzzsaw and they are very expensive. Any recommendations where you can good prices/quality for quilted maple tops at the moment? It has to be online shops as I am in Germany and figured maple is not a very common wood in this country....

Thanks in advance for any hints!

I was absent from building guitars for some years now and most people I used to buy maple tops from are gone out of business or have ridiculous prices. On the bay for example the only seller left with quality stuff is buzzsaw and they are very expensive. Any recommendations where you can good prices/quality for quilted maple tops at the moment? It has to be online shops as I am in Germany and figured maple is not a very common wood in this country....

Thanks in advance for any hints!

What price,size and grade are you trying to find? With the price of shipping, I would go for a reliable source and grade. For quality and reliability-link

There are a few dealers that ebay hit and miss stuff cheap, but if you want solid(especially when you factor shipping)product go for a reliable dealer.

Like rich says, Chuck Hatch (durawoods on ebay) has some fantastic stuff, but remember that USPS no longer ships ground these days, meaning you gotta go with airmail!

Honestly, with shipping, duties, etc. what it is, you could do far worse than checking out Holz Faszination:

http://www.holz-faszination.de/

His prices are mostly very, very fair for his quality, he's in Germany, so shipping and all that becomes a non-issue.

(has to be said, though, that flamed maple is pretty damn common in Europe, and there are numerous acoustic guitar wood sellers out there; anyone who sells woods for violas has great stashes of flamed maple available.)