Wood Question For Swedes

Hi Erik

Mattia has posted a list of European suplier. Non here in Sweden. I buy some of my wood (mahogany, maple, whalnut and some other) localy in Stockholm and Aidlook has some good suplier in Göteborg, but I don't know about anyone that have ziricote availibl. I f you need any of the above, just PM me and I might have some that I can spare for the smae price I buy it.

Hi Erik

I spent 12 years in jönköping, however that was before I started building guitars. I know of a wholesaler here in Gothenburg where I've purchased some nice ash that has turned into guitar bodies. I've found out from a guy at school (seriously good wood-turner) of a company in västerås called Bröderna Holms that has a wide range of woods.

Not in Västerås, but Sala:

http://www.holm.nu/

Excellent tip Aidlook. Guess I'm off to Sala some day soon (only fridays...). No ziricote though

Hej!

Jag kan varmt rekomendera Fredricsons trä, har handlat av dem i Arlöv (jag bor i Malmö). Jag ser på deras hemsida att de har kontor och lager i Vaggeryd, det ligger väl nära Jönköping? I Arlöv funkar det så att man får komma dit på fredagar och handla som privatperson. Ring och hör med dem om samma sak gäller i Vaggeryd.

Här är en länk till deras hemsida:

http://www.fredricsons.com/Home.asp?id=1

Kolla in produktguide => trävaror - massivt

Jag hittade jättefina askplankor, torkad amerikansk lönn till halsen och valnöt. Vet dock inte om de har det träslaget du nämner i dítt inlägg.

Lycka till!

//JohnnyGuitar

I'm looking for Rosewood - Rosenträ - in Sweden but can't find it anywhere.

Brasilian or Indian or whatever available is of interest.

I can get Walnut - Valnöt - I the Sundsvalls region but that's it. Mahogany is too expensive here.

Anyone who knows someone who sells Rosewood blanks 130x1000x7mm minimum to Sweden With a Humane Shipping cost, under 100:- for a standard fretboard blank?

Edited by Metallion

GMF carries rosewood fretboards. But their prices are never humane. Where are you getting the hardware? if you're thinking of placing an order from StewMac's just order the fretboard from them as well. Every time i've ordered from them I've received my goods in less than 3 days. I could also recommend guitarfetish for hardware, since they're cheap and fast (och jag har aldrig åkt på tull med dom).'

Oh and Swedish Luthier would you perhaps be intrested in purchasing some wood for me if you're going to Holm's. I'm thinking of placing an order but would like someone to handpick a couple of good pieces.

Edited by aidlook

I need bigger Rosewood pieces than any standards, 130mm x 1000mm x 7mm at least, maybe 130 x 400 cut area, to make all woodwork myself.

A Swedish (or scandinavian) Rosewood Retailer would be optimal.

Even Holm doesn't have it. (only Bubinga 48.000:-/ kbm, Rio Jakaranda 400:-/ kg)

Hey guys, nice gathering of locals in this thread. Cheers on all of you :D

• 1 month later...
Rio Jakaranda är Rosewood.

Rosenträ är något helt annat :D

That does NOT answer the question Where to Find Rosewood [Dalbergia spp] or Indian [Dalbergia Latifolia] in SWEDEN!!

Rosewood is a collective name of woods that smells like roses!

OK, Vad heter rosenträ på engelska?

Holm's Rio Jakaranda for 400:-/ kg are only sold in stocky blocks, not in sufficient lenghts for a neck, I gather.

Edited by Metallion