13 String Bass Scandel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iip4HTiu74s

I dont care for the designs, and i bet he doesnt like my tattoo's either, but the quality of the linework, colouring, and even placement (spider is off centre) is just terrible. Not so far different to the bass actually :D

Wow, yeah I'd have to agree with the bass comparison on those tats. Honestly, I'm no tat connoisseur and I've never got around to the one I drew up for myself, but I have plenty of buddies with loads of work, buddies that do work, and have seen plenty to know those are no good, even seen some better work on people who've done, umm "time". Also, I would bet that he got that spider cause someone said he looked like the actor from that movie, which cracks me up and as perry said that things a mess. Compared to that one tat of yours I've seen Perry, this guy just looks scarred. You guys gotta admit though, that this guy is entertaining to watch trainwreck everything with pride, its just too much.

EDIT: Just before getting into the shop Wez, you should start a progress thread in the off topics section, so we can see a before and after on the sleeve extension. That would be cool. I know we have an old tat thread somewhere, where perry and few others posted some cool pics. Have to go search later for that. J

Edited by jmrentis

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/13-STRNG-BASS-GUITAR...1QQcmdZViewItem

yeah, those tat's are awesome. I can't believe that anyone would scar someone like that, I wonder whether he did them himself & they're not finished because nobody wants to be associated with them? The tribal ones are such a mess....& why isn't the Slipknot one finished? surely you wouldn't stop with only 1.5 letters to go?

He's just soooo bizarre, I'm wondering whether he's actually an actor & we've all fallen into his trap, nobody could be that odd surely?

Basically it just looks like his crayon's ran out and mummy wouldn't fill his jam jar so he could switch to his paint box. If someone tattoo'd me to that standard i'd knife 'em without a blink. Anyways, i wonder if this little toad is local to anyone, probably piss his pants if anyone turned up on the door and asked to take a look at his wonderous luthiery skills !

Jem

Just seen B'frogs ebay post - anybody in the Mansfield area fancy taking a look ?

wow, apparently it is actually a 33" scale with 26" fretboard - maybe its not so bad afterall :D

isnt that a novel idea - buying a bass unwired so you can do it yourself!!!

So i take this means he has never even gotten around to wiring it up and actually playing his wonderfull new invention - thats a real shame!!

Is it even able to be wired up??? - did he put a wiring channel in??

From his Ebay listing: (i'm sure there must be a law against listing crap like this)

Q: Hello, Great Looking Bass! What kind of pickup does the bass come with and how is the instrument tuned? 26-Jul-07

A: HI, THANK'S FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE SUPER BASS. THE PICK-UP IS A CUSTOM MADE SINGLE COIL PICK-UP. THE TUNING OF THE SUPER BASS IS UN-DEFINED, FREE FOR THE PLAYER TO TUNE AS REQUIRED AND CAN STILL PRODUCE DEFINABLE NOTE'S AT THE SLACKEST OF TUNING'S. THANK'S ONCE AGAIN, JIM.

Seller's payment instructions

BUYER CAN COLLECT TO SAVE ON POSTAGE, UNFORTUNATLY THIS ITEM CANNOT BE RETURNED DUE TO PERSONNAL CIRCUMSTANCE'S, SORRY

Christ on a bike, this kid just gets funnier and funnier !

Jem

wow, apparently it is actually a 33" scale with 26" fretboard - maybe its not so bad afterall :D

isnt that a novel idea - buying a bass unwired so you can do it yourself!!!

So i take this means he has never even gotten around to wiring it up and actually playing his wonderfull new invention - thats a real shame!!

Is it even able to be wired up??? - did he put a wiring channel in??

Perhaps we could ask him where the Youtube soundbite came from seeing it's never been wired up.

Man, much more of this and i'll have to take a half day to go home and change my pants i'm laughing so much :D

i almost feel like buying that bass just so i can 1) give him bad feedback and 2) see it in real life for myself for a good laugh. maybe we should all pitch in the money to buy it and make it a community humor piece.

anybody notice it has a model number now? the sb13-p!

Edited by guitarmonky55

I knew it - I told you guys it wasn't tuned in perfect fourths. It's probably tuned in minor seconds or chromatic! This is not a tuning, it's just a bunch of strings tuned to tension. Once again, poor planning.

Q: what gauge are the strings? 26-Jul-07

A: HI, THANK'S FOR THE INTEREST. THE STRING'S ARE SIZE'S: .45 .50 .55 .60 .65 .70 .80 .90 .95 .100 .105 .110 .125

ooh ooh heres mine!(from ebay)

Q: what is the body wood? also where did you get the pickup wound at? can you describe the sound of the bass a little more? what sort of structural support is there in the neck since theres 13 strings = about 450 lbs of pressure on the neck?

A: THE BODY IS MADE OF PINE, I WOUND THE PICK-UP MYSELF, WHEN I DID HAVE IT WIRED UP IT WAS DEEP & THE NECK HAS GOT TWO TRUSS ROD'S INSIDE IT! HOPE THAT HELP'S, JIM.

HAHAHA! Oh man, too much man. Well if it is sad to find them funny, I'm a sad sad man, lol. Honestly, those videos are about as well designed as the bass, so I would really consider them a fitting tribute, lol. Funny stuff Bilious. J

PS: I think you linked the same one twice, but I think I saw the other one which was around 25 seconds, not certain though.

PPS: NO BIDS! 1 Day left

Edited by jmrentis

Q: what gauge are the strings? 26-Jul-07

A: HI, THANK'S FOR THE INTEREST. THE STRING'S ARE SIZE'S: .45 .50 .55 .60 .65 .70 .80 .90 .95 .100 .105 .110 .125

B):D

Q: Hello, Great Looking Bass! What kind of pickup does the bass come with and how is the instrument tuned? 26-Jul-07

A: HI, THANK'S FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE SUPER BASS. THE PICK-UP IS A CUSTOM MADE SINGLE COIL PICK-UP. THE TUNING OF THE SUPER BASS IS UN-DEFINED, FREE FOR THE PLAYER TO TUNE AS REQUIRED AND CAN STILL PRODUCE DEFINABLE NOTE'S AT THE SLACKEST OF TUNING'S. THANK'S ONCE AGAIN, JIM.

In other words, "I bought three sets of different gauges of 4 string bass and mixed them all up together, so now you can play 4 string bass on 13 strings"

:D

I especially love the construction grade Pine body and neck and the fact he bought the cheapest asian tuners he could find.

Edited by Phil Mailloux

I especially love the construction grade Pine body and neck and the fact he bought the cheapest asian tuners he could find.

Hey, gotta watch that margin. :D

WHY NOT TAKE THIS CHANCE TO OWN S.B.GUITAR'S PROTOTYPE, THE SB13-P.

Hm, I've never heard of S.B. Guitars.

Edited by Geo

In other words, "I bought three sets of different gauges of 4 string bass and mixed them all up together, so now you can play 4 string bass on 13 strings"

I didn't even realize this, besides the .125 string, all these gauge strings can be found in a 4-string set.