Planning A Build

If you want a fun project, go for it.

If you just want a better guitar, and you have at least a decent-playing one right now, the money's better spent on better pickups. IMO.

Getting into guitarbuilding because you want to save money/do things on the cheap only works if you already have a fully equipped workshop, way more free time than money, and a big stack of well-dried wood at your disposal already. Otherwise, well, let me put it this way: I spend more than 125 quid on tools/bits/blades/sandpaper/paint/stains per year, and I'm not even that prolific a builder (average of 2 guitars per year, although it looks to be more like 6 this year...)

If you want a fun project, go for it.

If you just want a better guitar, and you have at least a decent-playing one right now, the money's better spent on better pickups. IMO.

Getting into guitarbuilding because you want to save money/do things on the cheap only works if you already have a fully equipped workshop, way more free time than money, and a big stack of well-dried wood at your disposal already. Otherwise, well, let me put it this way: I spend more than 125 quid on tools/bits/blades/sandpaper/paint/stains per year, and I'm not even that prolific a builder (average of 2 guitars per year, although it looks to be more like 6 this year...)

Mattia is right its always the first one which breaks the bank. The rest are the easy ones. If you have a work shop already go for it.