Two Questions: Bobbin Covers, Lefty Locking Nuts

Right. Two questions:

1) can I get bobbin covers/stickers/something to turn the currently white EVO pickup I have for a build (lefty Kelly) into a black one? Instead of using the patented le sharpie method, like.

2) locknuts: do left-handed versions exist? Because the one I've got right now for this build is very much righty in terms of nut slot sizes. And I'm wondering if it matters.

found this the other day:

http://pickguardparadise.com/accessories.html

basically it looks like they can make bobbin toppers from scratchplate material, which might be an idea to steal - i am sure they could be made from any thin black plastic

not sure about the locknuts but if not it might be worth investing in something like the khaller string clamp that locks behind a normal nut

Right. Two questions:

1) can I get bobbin covers/stickers/something to turn the currently white EVO pickup I have for a build (lefty Kelly) into a black one? Instead of using the patented le sharpie method, like.

2) locknuts: do left-handed versions exist? Because the one I've got right now for this build is very much righty in terms of nut slot sizes. And I'm wondering if it matters.

1) http://www.universaljems.com/cart/bobbin.htm

2) Yes, left-handed locknuts do exist, but aren't very easy to find. Floyd Rose and Ibanez have them, to name two. Check around a bit to find something that meets your specs.

Re: locknut, I'm thinking I may 'simply' install the thing backwards, on the headstock, and use a zero fret (so as not to risk adding an additional point of friction). Can anyone with more experience using locking nuts think of a reason why this wouldn't work? The thing doesn't seem directional in terms of how it holds strings, and my headstock angle means the whole deal will be level with the fingerboard plane (string plane), so the strings won't be making weird angles. I could even route a minor shelf into the headstock so it levels with the headstock a little more. I've found a few left locknuts online, but the prices strike me as fairly idiotic for a doodad that can clamp strings. Besides, I've got one here already.

Most locking nuts are not the same on both sides (i.e., the back is lower than the front and the slots may be shaped differently), so i'm not sure mounting the nut backwards is such a good idea. However, in your case with a zero fret, I think it should work out fine as long as the lock nut is low enough ... it is only acting as a string clamp instead of a nut. (Maybe just use locking tuners unless you are building a serious whammy machine.)