Cleaning A Scratchy Fulltone Pot In My Wah

dap9

I'm going to email the company, but their website indicates they get A LOT of emails each day so, I'm seeing what y'all think here.

As stated in the description, I have a Fulltone pot for my wah and it's scratchy at the "high" end. Before I give up on it, can I use contact cleaner or something? I've gotten suggestions ranging from WD-40 to tuner cleaner and various others.

I'm prolly gonna just buy a Hot Potz II for now and wait to hear from the company, but since Fulltone doesn't sell their pots to the public anymore (I got mine from Arielfx.com) I'd kinda like to salvage it if I can. But if not, **** happens.

Thanks, Dap

Edited by dap9

I had the same problem. Pots in wah pedals can get A LOT of use, so they wear out more quickly. Also, many wah pedals skimp on cheap pots that are not as likely to last. I tried cleaning the pot, which did for, for about a week. What I would recommend it to replace the pot. Its a simple solder job, the hardest part is finding a new pot. Open your wah to check the value, but the wah I reconditioned had a 100k audio taper pot. Luckily, Radioshack had almost the exact same pot, but a stereo verson. I bought one and just used one channel of it and it works great!

I'm going to email the company, but their website indicates they get A LOT of emails each day so, I'm seeing what y'all think here.

As stated in the description, I have a Fulltone pot for my wah and it's scratchy at the "high" end. Before I give up on it, can I use contact cleaner or something? I've gotten suggestions ranging from WD-40 to tuner cleaner and various others.

I'm prolly gonna just buy a Hot Potz II for now and wait to hear from the company, but since Fulltone doesn't sell their pots to the public anymore (I got mine from Arielfx.com) I'd kinda like to salvage it if I can. But if not, **** happens.

Thanks, Dap