dap9 Posted August 9, 2007 Report Share Posted August 9, 2007 (edited) Ok, bear w/ me here. A while ago I modded my Crybaby Using This Site by putting a Halo inductor in, a Fulltone pot, True Bypass and I did the vocal mod. All was well. I have the Rev E version which is a little different. Here's a pic of the stock one from Stinkfoot's page: EDIT: Ok, I'm a Ree-ree, I think part of my problems is that I still haven't gotten the hang of resistor codes. I didn't mean to put 6k8 and 4k7, I meant 68k and 47k. Doh!!! Read on if you want a good laugh. Hopefully this will fix things up. Damn I hate being a noob! The other night I went back to do some more of the mods, but I won't bore you w/ all the noob mistakes I made. I'll just tell you what I currently have going on. the .01uf cap is the blue one on the right in that pic. I changed the 6k8 resistor to the left of that w/ a 4k7 (the gain mod). The resistor to the left of that one used to be a 1k5 and now it's a 2k2. On the bottom row, the resistor all the way to the left is supposed to be a 390k. I have a 510 b/c I thought it would reduce the distortion. So if anyone wants to take a stab as to why I still get distortion, that would be great. What I'll prolly end up doing when I get home, is just replace all the parts I changed the other night w/ stock ones and start over. But I'd like to know what I did wrong from the "experts" if you'd be so kind. If I still have problems, I'll take a pic of my board and put it up along side of this one in another post. Thanks and keep rockin! Dap Edited August 9, 2007 by dap9 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.