Fretboard Radius How Do I Measure?

Hello,

This is probably very easy question for most, I would love to know. What is an easy way to find my fretboard radius? I have been playing 2 different guitars that seem slow, but when I pick up my friend's guitars they make me feel like I can play easier and it feels better. I need 12-16 radius guitar (and somehow keep a classic look). What easy tools can I use to find the radius? Thanks to anyone that can help.

That's pretty cool. These can't be bought at hardware store right? I guess they wouldn't have radius of these sizes sitting around. I wan't to have something so I know exaclty the radius that fits my hands. Guitar pros can play on any kind of neck, for now, I need an easy play 12-14 inch to learn on. Would you sell me a set and show how to use these radius parts? This stuff is probably second nature, to me it's rocket science. Lol.

what did you use to create the edges?

Router, used like a big compass. They are kind of thin. Next time, I'm going to laminate 2 CD's together and see how I like that.

Cool. I just kept imagining the router shattering the CD...! Not the case, I guess. :D

Strat reissue. The neck is chunky and slow. Just making sure it's not just my playing is bad..... I think the guitar may just play slow. Action is medium to high as well. Eric Johnson's strat's action looks smooth and sooooooo close to the fretboard. Maybe it's the 12 inch radius neck that makes it faster along with lowering the auction. That's why I want to find out what I have.

'playing slow' has to do with more than just the fingerboard radius, and honestly, for factory guitars, look at the manufacturer's website, radius is listed. neck shape, string choice, scale length, setup (relief, action), all of it affects how a guitar feels. Whether it's slow or fast is purely personal preference.