Tremolo

Here's a few tremolos that require no rout:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailp...e_Tremolos.html

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailp...Tailpieces.html

A Floyd style is different in that it is designed to have extreme range, both up and down, without going out of tune too much. The top mounted trems will not be able to dive bomb until the strings go loose, like a Floyd, but if you don't want that, these may be a better choice. To get the range of a Floyd, you probably need the routered design.

-Sven

Kahler made millions of flat mount trems back in the dark ages, and many a nice vintage Gibson and/or Gretsch was outfitted with 'em, but they all seemed to disappear sometime in the early '90s :D . If you really want one, I may be able to dig one out of my parts bin (I think there's one in there, but I might have to get backhoe to dig it out.). I don't think Kahler's still making 'em, but I'm never sure what's up with them.

Kahler made millions of flat mount trems back in the dark ages, and many a nice vintage Gibson and/or Gretsch was outfitted with 'em, but they all seemed to disappear sometime in the early '90s :D . If you really want one, I may be able to dig one out of my parts bin (I think there's one in there, but I might have to get backhoe to dig it out.). I don't think Kahler's still making 'em, but I'm never sure what's up with them.

they make them,but you have to email them at forgedclassics.com

they also make golf clubs.

getting one is like pulling teeth though.they respond to the emails but i think they are very disorganised

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

I suppose, but good luck finding one...I tried and gave up. They were discontinued in like 88. But if you find one, let me know where. Try evilbay (betcha didnt know the e was for evil.)