Question About Fret-cutting Saw

I am about to saw the fret slots on my fingerboard and have frets that are 0.024" tang width. My saw is a japanese saw with width of 0.016". Do you think it will be necessary to cut two slots right next to each other to compensate or will I be able to hammer the slightly larger tang in?

Thanks a bunch

Marc

Do you think it will be necessary to cut two slots right next to each other to compensate...

Let me get this straight. So you actually think someone can cut a .016" wide slot, and then make it about .010" wider by just moving the blade slightly over and making a second cut, resulting in a fairly accurate .025" to .027" slot, repeated 22 times down the board ? Ok, Harry Potter.

Get yourself a different saw is the best advice I could give you.

It will be worth the wait instead of trying something that you will regret.

:D

hmm aright thanks, I see your from nova scotia, Im from Toronto, but do you know of any canadian retailers(online or not) I can get it off of or do I have to go to one of the online retailers in the states?

Do what I did and get a normal Tenon saw and run an oil stone down each side of the teeth until the slot width is ok. While not perfect because it has lost most of the teeth "set" it still does the job ok. Although I must admit the last few guitars Ive built I have bought the pre-slotted/radiused fingerboard. Saves lots of work and you get an accurate fingerboard.