This sure takes patience

JeffW

Again, thank you for the answers to my "how to paint the top and bottom post.' Armed with the great responses, and having painted the front of the Saga PRS kit, I attacked the back and sides.

Upon painting the back, which felt glass smooth to the touch, I now notice every little imperfection in the wood. Lots of little scratches that could not be felt, but can now be seen.

I did not notice this with the front of the guitar, but I only used very thin coats of Guitar Reranch aerosol wood dye on the front.

Is what is happening with the back:

A. Normal and the continued application and sanding of the lacquer coats will take care of this, or

B. Not normal and I need to re-sand the back of the guitar.

I'll tell you, I really have a respect for anyone that does this for a living. And I though programming databases was hard!

Thanks again.

Jeff

Try applying 3 thin coats and wet sand it with 1200-2000 grit then add three more very thin coats and see how it looks.

I'm not going to say strip it back down but I will say finishing prep work is the biggest factor in how easy or hard a paint job can become to get the desired finish.