my neck

well drak..i was looking on warmoth because i thought i remembered a discussion concerning leaving bocote unfinished...but they changed the site so i couldn't find the info.so you are sure?because i would prefer to just oil the fretboard.i really don't like the feel of a hard finish on the fingers

Yeah Wes.

Look up Jason Lollar (Lollar Guitars)

He's more well-known for his pickup-winding book these days, but just a few years ago, he was a custom builder (and a very very good one at that)

He used to hang out at the MIMF, still does, but just occasionally now, and I remember him going on at length about several necks he had done in Bocote, he loves it too.

He's easily accessable, and a really nice guy. Shoot him a mail, I'm sure he'd respond. There's a few others at the MIMF that have used Bocote also (Ellie I remember did at least one) All had great results leaving it unfinished.

That is Really shaping up to be a kick-ass guitar! (me jealous! :D )

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

I see you do wear shoes, too. Anyway, I like "imperfections" in wood too. The way I see it, it is perfect, cuz its exactly how God made it. (feel free to disagree, if you must)

Nice.

I got a free offcut of bocote in my last wood order, nice to finally be able to ID it conclusively. It's about the size of classical bridge blank, but a shade too thin to use for that....what to use it for? :D

Have you tapered the board yet? If not, be very carefull around that knot - it will tear out in a second if you're not cautious... Is this your first neck from scratch? Looks great so far B)

yeah it is my first neck from scratch....i have tapered the board...i cut it with the bandsaw andhit it with a sanding block...not radiused yet,i just ordered a 10" radius block and some black inlay dots.it should be in by next weekend.by next sunday hopefully it will all be done but the fretting :D