Guitar Of The Month For November

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 24th of October then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Make sure Your Guitar has a Name or Nick Name as well :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

HiTone Guitars - Wedding Ceremony Guitar

He likes to play guitar for his fiancé. She loves to sit and listen him playing. A marriage made in heaven.

What better to give as a wedding present than a handmade instrument to commemorate this matrimony.

I was commissioned to build this wedding bond. No pressure here.

What I came up with was a Rosewood back and side acoustic version of my HiTone Fatboy acoustic guitar.

This is the same shape my earlier made Fatboy hollowbody. Beside the body shape the rest of the instrument

is based on the specs of a Martin Herringbone.

Update:

I just added my video to youtube. It's still a little rough, but you guys should get a kick out it.

I made a few minor fixes to the video

Specs:

Back and Sides - Rosewood

Top - Sitka Spruce

Neck - Mahogany

Binding - Cocobolo with bass woos strip

Fretboard - Rosewood

Inlay - MOP (couples initials)

Tuners - Schaller™ vintage style, open back

Finish - Pre-Catalyzed Lacquer, Black Lacquer masked top

Blog of the build

www.guitartree.net/hitone

Note: I videoed the process I went through to create the top masked pattern. Look for it coming very soon.

pg_1050525998.jpg

tnpg_877559605.jpgtnpg_56077434.jpg tnpg_266588214.jpg tnpg_126168141.jpg tnpg_167669847.jpg tnpg_449133461.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm....seems a bit quiet after last month's landslide of entries so i'll

put this up for the shredders amoungst you....you may want to turn your

monitor's brightness down for this one !

Nocturne NC1-KD

Body: Alder 2pc

Neck: 3pc rock maple / R2 nut

Fingerboad: Birdseye

Inlay: Tahitian pearl

Finish: Yellow metalflake in nitro

Hardware: Schaller all the way

Pickups: Specially wound by Steve Blucher at Dimarzio for the owner Kevin Dillard

PICT0076.jpg

PICT0072.jpg

PICT0074.jpg

And the owner with his new toy:

CAPG6DX3.jpg

Jem

• 2 weeks later...

The Telezipper

This is the sixth electric guitar I have made. I had a great opportunity to make good laminations so I took advantage of it as you can see. This sustainious shreddingmachine also presents the flat-D neck shape. Here are the specs:

Body: (from center to side) mahogany/maple/teak/birch/teak/walnut. (From top to back in the sidewings) walnut/teak/walnut (sapwood)/teak/walnut.

Neck: Maple/mahogany/maple (neck-thru-body)

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Finish: Nitrocellulose laqcuer

Hardware: GOLD

Pickups: Seymour Duncan SH-2 Jazz (neck) and SH-4 JB (bridge), mounting rings are walnut

Cavity covers: Walnut sanded to the guitar shape

koko2.jpg

taka.jpg

takaoikea2.jpg

logo2.jpg

Headstock from behind:

Hardware

Shiny back

The Jack

Edited by jazzclub

Havent put a guitar up for the GOTM in well over a year, so i figure its time again :D

The Ormsby SC 'SHARK'

One piece Brazilian (Honduras) Mahogany body, with Quilt Maple carved top. Chambered with Shark 'F-hole'.

Three piece flame maple quarter sawn set neck, with Ebony pinstripes. Matching Quilt Maple headstock plate with Paua Abalone logo.

African Ebony fretboard with Paua Abolone shark sillouette inlays, and Chinese Torquoise side dots. Bone nut.

Seymour Duncan '59 and Jazz pickups with 500k pots for volume and tone. Hovland capaictor, Switchcraft jack and switch.

Grover locking machineheads and Tonepro AVT-II bridge.

Originally, this guitar was a going to be another demo guitar, to be used for recording and promotions. It was finished just in time for the Guitar Heroes: Guitar Fest show in Sydney on 6-7th Oct.

This guitar was finished on Wed 3rd Oct 6:15pm. Sold to Toby on Thursday 4th Oct 11:00am, as we were packing it up for the plane trip.

Comments from the proud owner:

"This guitar is amazing. A couple of times I've thought that I don't need my $11,000 PRS Modern Eagle anymore, however it is very different. I love the way the Shark plays! I probably shouldn't make this statement this early on, but I'm pretty confident that for me, this is the best guitar I have ever played. Now, to aquire more Ormsbys :D"

"Leigh had a go of it before going on stage and was blown away. He said "it plays itself". Indeed." (Leigh has one of my older guitars, a EVH clone, and used it to write songs with Jon Bon Jovi and Ritchie Samboro earlier this year in LA)

"Everyone at Music Park is very impressed with the shark. The manager - Barry - said that it was by far the best Ormsby he had seen, and was impressed that it was a "Production" model (not customized by me at all).

Ur goin places dude! (If u don't loose the passion like xxxxxx.) I couldn't be happier with the guitar."

"I have had a Schecter endorsement, then an ESP endorsement. I could never contain my sickness to just 1 brand, but now I have my Ormsby I think it may be possible."

"The PRS Modern Eagle... Well it's definately a ripoff compared to the Ormsby. They are two very different instruments tho, so I shouldn't compare them directly. However, for me, the Ormsby Shark is the best guitar I have ever owned and ever played."

All in all, it was a fun build. I finially got to finish something ive had in my head for ages, and for it to go to Toby in the end was real cool. Toby is a bit of a local legend, having owned more than 100 guitars worth in excess of $2000, and way way too many custom guitars. To have this kind of feedback from someone who has numerous experience with high end guitars is flattering. Toby has since ordered two more customs, and is discussing buying two other guitars i havent sold (demo's).

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

More photos HERE

The Lahav:

PA230567.jpg

PA230557-1.jpg

PA230560.jpg

PA230569.jpg

th_P8180073.jpgth_PA230571.jpgth_PA230570.jpgth_P8180071-1.jpgth_stringwinder1.jpgth_20050223195734.jpg

A bit out of the ordinary

specs:

padouk body, flame maple veneer top. 35mm thick

GFS Fat PAF pickup/Roland GK2A pickup

rear adjustment screws for HB, with padouk inlays over HB ear routes

1 volume control with coil tap.

GuitarFetish hardtail bridge and kluson style tuners.

bone nut

12-52 flatwound strings

neck - extensively "hand interpreted" e-bay neck - maple/rosewood

headstock extensively and repeatedly reshaped and reworked, dyed and painted. padouk bound with ivoroid inlay

finsihed with multiple coats of Tru-Oil.

Matching padouk plectrum and padouk and maple string winder

more about the build with more photos here

Sits nicely on your lap. Easy to hold your arm over in a relaxed position and even tilt the body back a little for a really laid back playing experience.

It has a nice warm, clear sound with the humbucker - very jazzy. A bit of twang with the coil split.

Here's a quick example of how she sounds - it's all her apart from the drums, turn the speakers up for full effect.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/437188087edd32/

bass line - humbucker, direct into the computer soundcard, no effects

rhythm guitar - split coil, direct into the computer soundcard, no effects

first lead - humbucker, direct into the computer soundcard, no effects

second lead - split coil, direct into the computer soundcard, no effects,

third lead - humbucker through 2W microcube amp with Marshall stack simulation

The GK pickup gives the option of increasing the pallette with a VG unit like these quick and nasty examples of VG-88 sounds . This is signal processing so there's no MIDI delay, and the sounds respond very naturally to normal guitar dynamic techniques (palm muting, harmonic playing etc.) You can also plug it through a MIDI converter to play synths and samplers to get any instrument sound you want. This just goes to show that whatever sound you're looking for.....

All you need is Lahav. :D

Edited by brian d

PA230636.jpgPA230638.jpgPA230637.jpgPA230640.jpghttp://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff185/rdplayer/

This is my first built.....I call it Mutt ,it is a hollow body with a,bone nut, Benedetto violin tail piece,Benedetto neck jazz pickup,Archtop roller bridge,Steinberger gearless tuners,22 fret maple neck w/ebony fingerboard,birdseye maple top and quilted maple back w/burl inlay,3" bone for cable rest at tail of tail piece.Sculped body and rounded body done by hand.Thanks for looking at it.

Ron

I build guitars as hobby.

This is my last project, I started it from a scratch:

sc1.jpg

This guitar has been inspired by a Tom Anderson I saw some months ago.

These are the specs:

Body

· Solid body

· Mahogany with flamed maple top (curved)

· Abalone center line inlay

· Finish: tiger eye

Neck

· Mahogany

· Thin D profile (Ibanez style)

· Indian rosewood fret board

· Compound Radius fretboard

· Abalone inlay at the 12th fret

· bold-on

Pickups

· Rails

Wiring