Carbon Fiber? Wots....uh The Deal

I'm starting my second guitar and me neck is going to be a set neck. the problem is that the man who taught me how to build, is unable to get in touch with him. he would tell me carbon fiber is as hard as a **** brick house! but most modern guitars are going with the dual action truss rods.

the question/topic:

what, in your opinion, is best for necks; carbon fiber, single action truss rod, dual action....or any other truss rod.

please, discuss...

I'm starting my second guitar and me neck is going to be a set neck. the problem is that the man who taught me how to build, is unable to get in touch with him. he would tell me carbon fiber is as hard as a **** brick house! but most modern guitars are going with the dual action truss rods.

the question/topic:

what, in your opinion, is best for necks; carbon fiber, single action truss rod, dual action....or any other truss rod.

please, discuss...

I actually just stopped in to acknowledge the cool Pink Floyd quote...

But as far as your question: A dual action truss rod is probably sufficient if the wood you're using for the neck is reasonably stable. Add a couple carbon fiber rods if you're paranoid; it can't hurt.

the question/topic:

please, discuss...

I actually just stopped in to acknowledge the cool Pink Floyd quote...

But as far as your question: A dual action truss rod is probably sufficient if the wood you're using for the neck is reasonably stable. Add a couple carbon fiber rods if you're paranoid; it can't hurt.

the neck will be mahogany with a rosewood board-no inlays what so ever.