Deep Set Necks

Usually a deeper-set neck goes through the neck pickup cavity, but I've seen some people do it all the way to the bridge. The measurements are really up to you, as long as you're capable of routing a tight joint.

Before you glue it in, you're gonna want to do any routing or cutting to fit it under the top and/or pickups.

Here's a basic tutorial:

Set Neck Tutorial

I can never figure out how to post a picture on this forum.

Send me an email and I'll send you a picture of a deep tenon neck under construction. That way you'll have a way better idea. It's the natural quilt top Model 04 on my web site which has the neck going all the way to the bridge.

-Doug

aaaeeeeeerrrrrgggghhhh!!! :D

I wouldn't reference anything from Crimson Guitars, the guy is a crook & should be closed down...well, as far as I was aware he was bankrupt but I guess he's found some mug to fund his experiments in wood butchery. If you really want to see an example of one of his necks, I'll dig up the photos of the one he made for me. They were on here but one of the conditions of me getting my money back were to remove any reference to him from the site.

Here's my latest deep set: http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=29399