How Would I Attain This Finish?

Hey all. I'm trying to recreate this finish:

CR94025_3.jpg

I have birdseye maple binding instead of plastic and would like to make the binding a sort of rich honey natural finish. What materials will I need for the whole finishing process and what sort of techniques will I need to employ? I already have pore filler from my last project, the sort of pastey clear stuff.

Hey all. I'm trying to recreate this finish:

CR94025_3.jpg

I have birdseye maple binding instead of plastic and would like to make the binding a sort of rich honey natural finish. What materials will I need for the whole finishing process and what sort of techniques will I need to employ? I already have pore filler from my last project, the sort of pastey clear stuff.

i don't know how to post the direct thread, but.......

Project Guitar Forum > Forum Tutorials & Reference > Inlays and Finishing Tutorials & Reference

the threadis at the bottom

just change the colours

Edited by sb guitars

i don't know how to post the direct thread, but.......

Project Guitar Forum > Forum Tutorials & Reference > Inlays and Finishing Tutorials & Reference

the threadis at the bottom

just change the colours

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=6194

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=12912

Edited by Maiden69
I'm guessing these where the links you wanted to post, both of them were empty

Actually, that guitar doesn't look like it was stained. Just a vintage amber clear coat with a cherry burst on the edge. If you want your binding to be darker and not "white" just mix a clear with the color that you want and spray it. Other than that you can go with stain and do it that way. But to get the edge burst like that I recommend using the clear and not stain, the finish looks more crisp with the clear and more "fluid" with stains.