Guitar Painting - Need Help!

Hi all-

I recently bought an old 1990 RG 550 on eBay, but it definitely needs a new paint job. I am looking to paint it light blue with a pink f-hole on the low e string-side of the body (imagine a PGM with 1 f-hole and a pickguard). The problem is, I went to my local auto parts store today in search of light blue and pink car paint, but none was to be found. After taking a look at the Duplicolor website and a couple other car paint companies' sites, I have found no such paint...

Do any of you have an idea on how to find some of this paint, or if there are any brands that sell such paint that is suitable for guitar painting? All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

J

Hmm, I thought ReRanch had a pink. Try checking out a hardware store like Lowes or Home Depot. They usually have a good selection of rattlecan paints. They won't be nitro lacquer like ReRanch, but rather acrylic lacquer. I don't think there would be any compatibility issues, but misting on the acrylic slowly to start would be a good idea. Test it on scrap to be safe.

CMA

Edited by CrazyManAndy