I Came Across This On The Web

zyonsdream

I'm not sure if this has to be in the online section but since it's directly related to those who make pickups I decided to make the post here. If I'm wrong please move the thread!

I'm building a few custom pickups and I didn’t want to use the standard black cloth tape that is commonly used to wrap the bobbin. So I started to look around for cloth tape with designs on it. I came across this place on Evilbay and thought I’d share it. Obviously the tape is a little wide but that’s easy to take care of with a good razor blade!

Just thought I would share!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=013

I'm not sure if this has to be in the online section but since it's directly related to those who make pickups I decided to make the post here. If I'm wrong please move the thread!

I'm building a few custom pickups and I didn’t want to use the standard black cloth tape that is commonly used to wrap the bobbin. So I started to look around for cloth tape with designs on it. I came across this place on Evilbay and thought I’d share it. Obviously the tape is a little wide but that’s easy to take care of with a good razor blade!

Just thought I would share!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=013

good find man

im going to start to make my own pickups soon, do you have any advice? ive been looking at the winder from stewmac, but i think i could find better magnet than what they offer...any ideas on this and anything else would be greatly appreciated

ive been looking at the winder from stewmac, but i think i could find better magnet than what they offer...any ideas on this and anything else would be greatly appreciated

I've done okay so far using an electric hand drill as a winder. I've bought the Stew mac magnets and also the Allparts magnets. I think the Allparts magnet is bigger. I can't say any more about one being better or worse.