Router Went Off Line

After gluing the heel block on, I was going to router the excess material off the side of the neck. However being there was about 4 - 8mm on one side and 5 - 10mm on the other I decided to saw the main bulk off keeping the routering down to a minimum, a decision I would be glad I made :D

After lining up the straight edge template and securing it with double sided tape I started to route, all was going very Merrily when I noticed that the pencil line near the nut end of the neck had disappeared. It was then I realised that the secured template wasn't secure but had been moving whilst I was routering, resulting in 3mm to much being taken off at the nut end B) I wasn't very happy.

After a bit of thoughtful thinking I remembered the pieces that had been sawn off, so I straightened up the what was now a wonky routed edge and glued in one of the pieces I had cut off earlier.

Hopefully being near the edge I may loose a bit of it when the neck is shaped :D

After a bit of thoughtful thinking I remembered the pieces that had been sawn off, so I straightened up the what was now a wonky routed edge and glued in one of the pieces I had cut off earlier.

Hopefully being near the edge I may loose a bit of it when the neck is shaped :D

Been there, done that! Excact same deal, same cause, same solution. With a little care it'll be invisible. I doubt I could even find the repair on mine if I wanted to...

Been there, done that! Excact same deal, same cause, same solution. With a little care it'll be invisible. I doubt I could even find the repair on mine if I wanted to...

Thats encouraging ( not that you did it but you repaired it ) I took the clamps off this moring levelled the top edge along it's length and will re-route the straight edge after I get some more double sided tape.

But so far it is looking good.

The "binding" remedy did cross my mind before I took the clamps off, a light coloured wood about 10mm thick for contrast

Edited by jaycee