Swamp Ash Body Blanks For Sale

Mr.Majestic

Hey guys, this is my first post here on Project Guitar.

I am the owner of Majestic Wood Design and have been supplying luthiers with wood for several years now. We have sold many different species such as ash, alder, maple, mahogany (african and honduras), purpleheart, limba, and on and on. We have recently moved to a new location and are going to shift most of our focus on our swamp ash. We purchase direct from the mills down here in Louisiana. We have a few blanks up for sale on our ebay store, but we are currently surfacing a large amount of ash and it will be ready for sale in about a week. The stock of ash we have is premium stuff. It is stock taken from the stump, which produces really wide, light weight, nice figured blanks. We offer price breaks on multiple items and ship world wide. Please contact us through PG or directly at the number below for a price quote. Check out our feedback!

Here's the link to our store: http://stores.ebay.com/Majestic-Wood-Design

***UPDATE*** We are not currently putting much on ebay because the fees are just incredibly high. We are still actively selling swamp ash everyday but we are mainly selling direct. Thanks again, Chris 2-12-08 ***

Our phone # is 318 388 0300.

Thanks,

Chris

Majestic Wood Design

Edited by Mr.Majestic

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, this is my first post here on Project Guitar.

I am the owner of Majestic Wood Design and have been supplying luthiers with wood for several years now. We have sold many different species such as ash, alder, maple, mahogany (african and honduras), purpleheart, limba, and on and on. We have recently moved to a new location and are going to shift most of our focus on our swamp ash. We purchase direct from the mills down here in Louisiana. We have a few blanks up for sale on our ebay store, but we are currently surfacing a large amount of ash and it will be ready for sale in about a week. The stock of ash we have is premium stuff. It is stock taken from the stump, which produces really wide, light weight, nice figured blanks. We offer price breaks on multiple items and ship world wide. Please contact us through our ebay store for a price quote. Check out our feedback!

Here's the link to our store: http://stores.ebay.com/Majestic-Wood-Design

Our phone # is 318 388 0300.

Thanks,

Chris

Majestic Wood Design

#1 It appears high $ for swamp ash by at least 5 or more $ per board ft. also the size is not listed long enough to know what it is.

Sorry have to pass!!!!!!!

MK

Edited by MiKro

Our prices are not the lowest out there, neither are they the highest. We sell mainly to larger higher end bass luthiers in quantity packs. Our prices listed on ebay are higher to offset the cost of our ebay fees and our listing host fees. In my original listing it says to contact us through ebay for a "price quote", prices are not written in stone. As a matter of fact, I will send you a blank when we get our new stock cleared at no cost. Just contact me and I'll ship it out and even cover the cost. Doesn't get any cheaper than that. As for the sizes, we put all dimensions on the listings themselves. That particular blank happens to be (2 pcs) 6 9/16 x 21 x 1 3/4, which is 13 1/4 wide combined.

Edited by Mr.Majestic

#1 It appears high $ for swamp ash by at least 5 or more $ per board ft. also the size is not listed long enough to know what it is.

MK

High price or not, finding the ultimate low weight Swamp Ash for ERB's is a major pain in the ass. And these are definitely some lower weight pieces. I have met some luthiers that pay $100+ per swamp ash body blank that is below a certain amount of weight.

Our prices are not the lowest out there, neither are they the highest. We sell mainly to larger higher end bass luthiers in quantity packs. Our prices listed on ebay are higher to offset the cost of our ebay fees and our listing host fees. In my original listing it says to contact us through ebay for a "price quote", prices are not written in stone. As a matter of fact, I will send you a blank when we get our new stock cleared at no cost. Just contact me and I'll ship it out and even cover the cost. Doesn't get any cheaper than that. As for the sizes, we put all dimensions on the listings themselves. That particular blank happens to be (2 pcs) 6 9/16 x 21 x 1 3/4, which is 13 1/4 wide combined.

consider the offer done. I'll pm you. If it's what you say then I'll endorse it if not I'll tell all I still eleive wit what I can get it's high priced. prove to me that yours is better and I 'll stand behind 100%

Mike

consider yourself PMed

MK

High price or not, finding the ultimate low weight Swamp Ash for ERB's is a major pain in the ass. And these are definitely some lower weight pieces. I have met some luthiers that pay $100+ per swamp ash body blank that is below a certain amount of weight.

Jon , You know I respect your opinion, and that said I still believe that it is overpriced. Unless they are on the lighter side of Swamp ash and straight grained almost close to to quarter sawn it's to to high. So , If Mr M is willing to send me some and I see for for myself. I'll be more than happy to shop elsewhere. If it is what he says. I'll help him out. I did propose a trade instead of him being out the cost of wood and shipping. I'm not trying to screw him. Just want to know the real truth.

MK

I will be in Dallas at the Arlington Guitar show on saturday. If you like I will personally deliver it to you so you can judge. Everyone has opinions on what grain structure they like. Most of the request we get on ash is for a cathedral grain pattern that is flat sawn, but we do get many who like the straight grained quarter sawn stuff. I'll bring several pieces and just let you choose.

cn

I will be in Dallas at the Arlington Guitar show on saturday. If you like I will personally deliver it to you so you can judge. Everyone has opinions on what grain structure they like. Most of the request we get on ash is for a cathedral grain pattern that is flat sawn, but we do get many who like the straight grained quarter sawn stuff. I'll bring several pieces and just let you choose.

cn

If I don't have to go to Austin this weekend I'll stop by. Don't worry about giving me any wood,I have plenty. I do appreciate you making the effort.

Thanks.

Mike

I am looking forward to coming out. I talked to a friend of mine today and he is getting a booth, so I will more than likely be helping him out some. I look forward to putting faces to all these avatars.

Also this new ash I got in is extremely light weight. Some of it is coming out around 1.6 lbs bd/ft. I am talking to some of the mills here about getting some 16/4 stock in order to bookmatch some of our 2 pc. bodies. Just contact me through our ebay store for special pricing for PG members, also make me an offer you might be surprised.

CN

I am looking forward to coming out. I talked to a friend of mine today and he is getting a booth, so I will more than likely be helping him out some. I look forward to putting faces to all these avatars.

Also this new ash I got in is extremely light weight. Some of it is coming out around 1.6 lbs bd/ft. I am talking to some of the mills here about getting some 16/4 stock in order to bookmatch some of our 2 pc. bodies. Just contact me through our ebay store for special pricing for PG members, also make me an offer you might be surprised.

CN

Sounds good, and fair, that you are willing to work with the members here.

I hope I get a chance to meet with you. I wish you well on sales at the show.

Sincerely,

Mike

BTW: If I am in town What name do I look for at the show?

MK

Edited by MiKro

My friend is supposed to have a small booth in the hall around the main floor. Not quite sure exactly where though. His music store is called Piney Hills Music. My name is Chris, I will PM whomever would like to meet with my cell #.

CN

My friend is supposed to have a small booth in the hall around the main floor. Not quite sure exactly where though. His music store is called Piney Hills Music. My name is Chris, I will PM whomever would like to meet with my cell #.

CN

Pm me please, just in the event that I am available to be there, would like to meet you and talk wood.

Mike

My plans have changed. I will be at the guitar show Saturday and Sunday to help my friend with his booth. We had someone volunteer to keep our 3 kids for an extra day. I still plan on bringing some ash so if you guys want to meet just give me a call.

Thanks

Chris

Hey all, I am loaded up and leaving out. Heading to the Arlington Guitar Show. I am bringing 6 blanks for anyone interested. I will be there Saturday and Sunday, located in one of the halls at the Piney Hills Music booth.

Have a great weekend.

A link to some of the shots I took yesterday - http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=32791

I'm hoping to do a little less wandering today, there are thousands of guitars at the show, and maybe 50 basses! I spent most of my time at the Dosher music booth explaining why I prefer more strings and how to dry wood. Could I get anymore interesting?

I thought my legs were going to fall off we walked so much. The first day I looked around a good bit and then helped at the Piney Hills Booth. I was really hoping to see more basses, although we were right across from The Low End. We got a 2 day bass solo concert and I had a great time, but my friend is more Mega-Death and less Marcus Miller. :D

We had a great show. We made alot of very good contacts and have gotten a ton of orders off-line. Thanks for all of your help. Call me or contact me through PG for a special quote. We also carry other species of tonewoods for electrics.

CN