New Stuff From Sweden

Odin

IA Eklund also uses it. Amazing guy, check him out.

2005 isn't exactly "news", but I admit, it IS news to me. I wish the website more thoroughly explained what it does and how it works. Couldn't find any material linking the unit to Eklund, either, though of course I believe you that there is a connection-- I was just disappointed because I was hoping to find a YouTube video or something with the trem/unit in action.

CRAP!

I seriously had the same idea, and was gonna build one down in the workshop where I build the guitars (we have many metal-working machines as well).

And now it turns out that (of all the places in the world) someone already started producing them just south of here.

This seriously pisses me off....But at least it shows my idea is working.

Greg: In the recent issue of the Swedish guitar magazine “Fuzz” there is an article about Jonas Hellborg’s Art Metal featuring IA Eklund. He talked about the virtues of the tremologic there. He said that it will take him some time to get used to it, but he sees a lot of new possibilities. Heck, If HE will need time to master it, it is for sure nothing for me to try…

Hmm, Wheres the bar?... I dont get it ... Do you press down or pull on the things at the back of the tremolo to detune and upward bend the strings? Can it bomb dive? Can you tap and detune at the same time? isnt the wiggle stick more conveinent?... I just dont get it... I think ill stick with my floyd rose though.... Is it even a tremolo? Im confused...

Edited by Jimboh

so... what does it do exactly?

Oh, and DJ, you beat me to the Justin Hawkins thing!

haha! Actually this tremologic-thingy looks a bit like Justins teeth! :D

Hmm, Wheres the bar?... I dont get it ... Do you press down or pull on the things at the back of the tremolo to detune and upward bend the strings? Can it bomb dive? Can you tap and detune at the same time? isnt the wiggle stick more conveinent?... I just dont get it... I think ill stick with my floyd rose though.... Is it even a tremolo? Im confused...

+1, I don't really get this either.

61st post! Woohoo! :D

DJ

I never noticed that-- I assumed that the little bar things were for individual wiggling or retuning (there's probably a "snap in place" mechanism like the TransTrem) but that there would be a global wiggle stick, too. I don't see where it would go. They need to put up more info if they want customers. :D

That would be my guess, too. Hard to call it a "trem" if you can only do one string at a time, though; and if it requires your fingertips, it'll interfere with as many techniques as it adds.

I'd like to see a technical drawing.