Neck Pick-up Buzz

Aharon

I have an Epi Les PAul Standard with a DiMArzio X2N in the bridge and it's totally quiet,I mean dead quiet but whatever pickup I use for the neck has a buzz,I've had the original of course,a gibson and a GFS and they all have buzz when selected.......mothing major but annoying.

I tried both wirings,independent volumes and the one that when in the middle either vol is a master with equal results.

I'm at my wits end, I might just buy an EMG for the neck and be done but what's the possible cause?.

Thanks for any help.

Aharon

I have an Epi Les PAul Standard with a DiMArzio X2N in the bridge and it's totally quiet,I mean dead quiet but whatever pickup I use for the neck has a buzz,I've had the original of course,a gibson and a GFS and they all have buzz when selected.......mothing major but annoying.

I tried both wirings,independent volumes and the one that when in the middle either vol is a master with equal results.

I'm at my wits end, I might just buy an EMG for the neck and be done but what's the possible cause?.

Thanks for any help.

Aharon

A buzz in one pickup is almost always a grounding problem. Check your solder joints, or maybe a missing connection on the neck vol pot to ground.

It's ain't a brand name of pickup problem!!