New Here. Floyd Rose Issue As My First Post.

hey im new to the sign. but from broswing around i have learned alot. iv been fixing guitars for about 3 years and i have been trying to make guitars for about 2 years. im between guitar making projects right now, but i just got an old Ibanez EX series guitar. from my research the guitar was made in 1993 and is the better quality model of the EX series because of the white Ibanez logo on the headstock. The cheaper models have purple or red writing. I looked at a picture online and the more expencive ones had white. but the picture was blurry. I got the guitar for free from my neighbor for doing some work. It has an EMG 85 pickup in the bridge. the neck releif is great on it. it was just hanging up for almost 3 years with a set of light strings on it. when i switched the strings on the guitar i used med. and the bridge is not flush with the guitar. its almost all the way pulled up. i think i know how to fix it i just want to make sure im doing it right. iv never switched gauges on a tremelo. i know im installing the strings correctly. to fix it by tighting the screws in the back that are holding the springs (3 in this case). if that is the case should i lossen the strings at the tuners? i know to keep the lock at the nut unlocked. this is the first time iv had to adjust the floyd rose before. i know after this to fix the intonation but thats no major problem....knock on wood.

rock on! ill be posting with all the questions i have lol :D

hey im new to the sign. but from broswing around i have learned alot. iv been fixing guitars for about 3 years and i have been trying to make guitars for about 2 years. im between guitar making projects right now, but i just got an old Ibanez EX series guitar. from my research the guitar was made in 1993 and is the better quality model of the EX series because of the white Ibanez logo on the headstock. The cheaper models have purple or red writing. I looked at a picture online and the more expencive ones had white. but the picture was blurry. I got the guitar for free from my neighbor for doing some work. It has an EMG 85 pickup in the bridge. the neck releif is great on it. it was just hanging up for almost 3 years with a set of light strings on it. when i switched the strings on the guitar i used med. and the bridge is not flush with the guitar. its almost all the way pulled up. i think i know how to fix it i just want to make sure im doing it right. iv never switched gauges on a tremelo. i know im installing the strings correctly. to fix it by tighting the screws in the back that are holding the springs (3 in this case). if that is the case should i lossen the strings at the tuners? i know to keep the lock at the nut unlocked. this is the first time iv had to adjust the floyd rose before. i know after this to fix the intonation but thats no major problem....knock on wood.

rock on! ill be posting with all the questions i have lol :D

loosten the strings, bring the bridge posts down just a bit, and tighten the springs, and go from there. it should feel like it pops into place, and it will be better.