Hmmm...I need a neck for my les paul

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Ace's easy rule of the thumb: If you can buy it cheaper than the material cost for you would be for building it, buy it. Read: wait for that second auction. Experience over here (Germany) however shows that necks seldom go for under 40 bucks plus shipping...

so long

ace

I was looking at that LP kit too. Problem is when I first saw it the bids were down at $21. I was hoping no one else would see it and I could get it for under $75! That just never happens does it! :D

I agree with Ace, if you can buy a neck cheaper than parts cost and time involved then buy it. If you have the desire and time to make it then build it. I get much more satisfaction out of building, but I don't always have the time (especially for necks) so I end up buying them.

For over $100 for that,I wouldn`t.Just dots for fret markers on a Les Paul don`t look right but that`s just my opinion.If times an issue and you`re looking for a paul,you can get a finished Paul Turser or Epi. more time/cost effective than all the work for that thing,otherwise ,build a beautiful neck.Alot more satisfaction. :D

A small flatsawn piece of wood will make a nice laminate neck,18$ fretboard $6 in frets,.done! B) (a little more than that,but.....)

The sentimental value is the big thing...father son bondage in this guit. As for being the same...doubtful. I will be using the original FB, so the ugly inlays are a non issue. However, my time isnt worth me paying over $100. Looks like I'm building...$12.50 went to $101 real quick. Oh well. I can build a better one anyway.

Oh well. I can build a better one anyway.

Isn't that the real point? :D

Except for the time thing. But the real kicker is I cat feel the neck and see if I like it. If it is too thin, I'm stuck. If I could have got it cheap, I wouldnt care. But it aint worth it no more....I'll stick it out till the damn thing breaks again.