Push Pull Pick Up Selection

Bobby

Gday I have a situation with a pair of EMG's (Active-81-85, well actually a Zak Wilde Set) anyhoo I am going to ditch and fill in the pcik up selector, question is for a method or diagram to have a push pull knob select between the two bukers. I am not interested in the middle selection of both pickeps etc. Didnt have any luck with the search function could someone point me in the right direction?

Sorry, no suggestions-- it can be done, of course, I just don't have the information.

Gotta say, though... sounds like a bad idea. Filling and refinishing an area is tough work, and in this case I don't see returns on the investment. Push-pull is cumbersome enough, IMO, but I like the way it stays out of the way. But that's on guitars that already have a switch of some sort and would need an additional switch for tapping. If you only have one switch as it stands, I don't really see any good reason to switch (no pun intended) from elegant (or at least normal) switch to cumbersome push-pull.

Everyone gets to pick their own design and their own mods, and I have no problem with whatever anyone cares to do-- I only mention it because of the ditching and filling of the selector. The work outweighs the benefits. For a from-scratch built, to each their own; or if you were already planning to refinish. But otherwise, sounds like a lot of work for a dubious return.

Greg

Gday Greg, ya its a complete teardown, the thing is stripped and paintless etc so its no real heartache for the fill I guess I should of mentioned that. I dont use/like the "normal" tone pots...Im just a simple ol school metal grinder so I am just one dirty growl tone 24/7..THe look I am going for is just the one knob. It will be the volume knob and in the "pushed' or down position it will be the bridge buker and then pulled (twice a year perhaps at funerals?) it would switch to the FB buker..so three functions with 1 knob for that spartan look I love. Hope that explains a bit better...cheerio chaps

Well, if it's already stripped and torn apart, have at'er. :D

I'm sure someone will be along with advice on the switch itself. The switch that's on a push-pull is just a DPDT switch, so any of the wiring diagrams you see with such a switch will also work.