Pole Screws...

nerosrevenge

I am trying to source Pole screws for the P90's that I am building. What material is best suited for this use? I can get 6-32 Fillister head screws in stainless (18-8) which seems to be about the only option, however that alloy is non-magnetic. Which in my mind poses an obvious issue in using them for pickups. I can't seem to find the same screws in 440 anywhere (at least here in Ontario) I even checked Ebay.

I am curious to know if this is indeed a factor, and what other's use for pole screws?

Thanks!

STV.

The pole screws sold by Stwmac are not "vintage correct" as they are metric. But that doesn't make any difference in sound. Only makes it harder for some to find a tap for them. But I live in Europe so an M3 tap is iwhat I have.

But you can use alsmost any screw att all (exept brass and stainless ass you have pointed out). Before I started to buy in bulk I just got what the hardware store had. So I have zink-plated M3 with way bigger heads in my earlier pickus. It looks a bit odd but work very well. No corrosion either. I just polished the zink coating a bit and they got a decent shine. Not like those cromed "real" pole screws, but nice enough to use.