Want Some Opinions And Ideas On Pickup Finish Options

thegarehanman

Thanks david. I did realize that pickups similar to this existed, but I haven't been able to find any that are tuned to suit each polepiece's respective string (or is that what clint's does). He hangs out on the mimf forum if I'm not mistaken; he's a very cool guy.

Just so you guys know, I've placed the order for the baseplates for the p90's and 'buckers that I'll be making. I've also ordered the rapid prototype parts I need for the covers. I'll be getting some black, nickel, chrome and gold 'bucker covers engraved with my "rg" on them as well. I should have something for anyone interested in at least a month, maybe a bit more, depending on turnaround times. I'm pretty excited about these pickups; I've had good results with the test coils and look forward to seeing them in a pretty package. :D I'd like to get some sound clips up, but my buddy who has a good recording setup is pretty overwhelmed at the moment, so I don't really want to bother him right now. Then again, sound clips aren't really a fair representation, since so many other factors are in play.

peace,

russ

Edited by thegarehanman

I'll keep you updated, rick. The "crop circles" design (although I'm still not sure if that will be the official title, as it's a mouthfull) will be the first I can offer anyone, as it will take longer for the metal parts for the p90 and humbuckers to come in.

On that note, some of the material that will be adorning the p90 and humbucker bobbins/covers came in:

th_100_0478.jpg

th_100_0475.jpg

th_100_0474.jpg

th_100_0473.jpg

th_100_0472.jpg

th_100_0471.jpg

peace,

russ

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I'm not sure that I'll have the free time to make these pickups any time soon. I got the rapid prototypes made, and the bench models are all good, but between building the formula sae car for school, a new semester starting next week, and my boss needing me to develop a lot of parts in the coming months, I just don't see when I'll get much time to devote to this. Sorry if anyone was waiting for these, I just don't have the time anymore.

peace,

russ

• 3 weeks later...