Prs Body Qestion

NJD

Hello guys!! Just got a quick question – does an archtop PRS’s body angle down between the bridge and the neck tenon like a les paul or is the pickup plane parallel to the main body line?

Many thanks in advance!!

:D

I have a Hollowbody II and a McCarty and the top is equally angled on both. I would assume that the Archtop is angled too.

Hello guys!! Just got a quick question – does an archtop PRS’s body angle down between the bridge and the neck tenon like a les paul or is the pickup plane parallel to the main body line?

Many thanks in advance!!

:D

A friend of mine has one of these guitars and as far as I recall the neck runs parallel. If there is an angle, it is nothing like the 4.5 degrees of a Les Paul.

Hope that helps. There are a ton of pics on the net that show the guitar with what appears to be a straight line through but for sure somebody here will have a luthier plan to confirm.

Edited by gosh

Thanks Gosh! It’s not really the neck/string break angle I’m looking at it’s the angle of the body underneath the strings parallel to the back – some people who make PRS style guitars leave a ‘flat’ plateau under the strings, I don’t know about genuine PRSs though, although LPs do have a ‘fall off’ angle from the part of the body that the bridge pins go into to the neck tenon section it’s self.

Edited by NJD

aaah 1000 times over!!! thank you thank you thank you mate! that's ideal!

looking at that horn the angle of the body continues to the neck pocket and then changes on the horns to the neck angle.... very interesting!! this pic answers questions i haven't even thought of asking yet lol

Edited by NJD