Carvin's Innovative New Bridge!

I seriously doubt they got the idea from here. The recessed bridge has been used by Godin for a long time before I saw one on here, as has the string through instead of a stop tail.

I don't see Carvin claiming this as particularly new or inventive, just that it is now an option they offer.

that is the same way peavey does stop tail wolfgangs, (recessed) they said it compensates for the lack of neck angle, it is even more dramitic on the flat top specials.

i have to agree with Gedward, new to carvin, not to mankind.

Just curious but why the Carvin bashing if that is what this is? I can't comment on this bridge since I've never seen it other than to say it look good in the pics. IMHO more options is better even if the option has been done before. I don't get it ??

Again, don't own and may never own a Carvin ... just curious.

Cheers all

John

ust curious but why the Carvin bashing if that is what this is?

I think it's just a matter of the copy Carvin uses to advertise it. I don't think anyone's bashing, necessarily, just doing some good-natured poking fun at them.

I mean, it is kind of humorous touting their bridge as new and original when TOMs have been used for how many years now?

I mean, it is kind of humorous touting their bridge as new and original when TOMs have been used for how many years now?

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I didn't see any copy in that add which suggested any of those things. Infact, the image linked to and their website are both decidedly matter of fact and hyperbole free!

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I didn't see any copy in that add which suggested any of those things. Infact, the image linked to and their website are both decidedly matter of fact and hyperbole free!

Aww, come on man, I make a perfectly nice post and you have to ruin it by bringing up "facts" and pointing out that "I did no research." :D

Just curious but why the Carvin bashing if that is what this is? I can't comment on this bridge since I've never seen it other than to say it look good in the pics. IMHO more options is better even if the option has been done before. I don't get it ??

Again, don't own and may never own a Carvin ... just curious.

Cheers all

John

no carvin bashing here...i love those necks

B) Well, looks like I did it again! I'm not slamming anyone, I'm a proud Carvin owner myself - I was attempting a light jest at their expense not because they're evil or anything, but simply because they were pompous enough to name their new option, even though it's been used by other makers for years. Hey, big props are due any company that's been making good guitars since the '50s without succumbing to corporate erosion, just a light jab at tha marketing guys. They're big boys, they can take it. :D

Unfortunately I deleted the "Newsletter" that I get from Carvin in my e-mail every month...

But if I remember it correctly, the wording they used had a very "groundbreaking" slant to it.

It then linked to the page that was included in the first post on this topic, which is much more humble and correct.

And for those thinking we hate Carvin:

There is no bashing going on here, just some harmless fun...

:D