Repairing Amp

spacecowboy

Hi my friend blew my speaker.

He was playing a bass in it and it just hums no matter what i change. The guy at the guitar shop said its forsure the speaker ill have to replace it. He said its cheaper to do it myself and im good at soldering.

My amp is a Roland Cube60

I looked in the back of the speaker it says

Roland

W300RP 135-00F

8(ohms) CHINA

IST 2461

Its a 60watt amp. So if i get any speaker with those specifications it should sound the same? or should i get something better since im replacing the speaker.

Thanks.

Hi my friend blew my speaker.

He was playing a bass in it and it just hums no matter what i change. The guy at the guitar shop said its forsure the speaker ill have to replace it. He said its cheaper to do it myself and im good at soldering.

My amp is a Roland Cube60

I looked in the back of the speaker it says

Roland

W300RP 135-00F

8(ohms) CHINA

IST 2461

Its a 60watt amp. So if i get any speaker with those specifications it should sound the same? or should i get something better since im replacing the speaker.

Thanks.

I would say it all depends on #1 you were happy with the tone, and how much a replacement one will cost. Also what speaker depends on what type of music you play. Check this place out http://www.avatarspeakers.com/