My First Acoustic

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, Im gonna get my new dred going. Got the basic inside mold made, but I have to redo the dowls :D .

Im doing standard Stewi mac dred design with the 49-50 degree/ forward bracing, red (adi?) top, on Hondo mahog. Martin seconds Neck/fretboard so I can maybe get the dang thing done this year. Slight rounded slope on the upper bout, so its not like everyone elses :D .

Got a pile of sides that are seconds, for cheap, and 9 sets of them are really good, one little knot here or there, one little wormhole. :D

Bot Eeet is always some-ting to keep me from going faster is it not?B)

• 5 months later...

hey guys,

just wanted to update you all. Winter is here which means i should probably start this thing up again. I need to fine some place to buy cheap spruce for both bracing and tops. I have every jig necessary. Ive built too many electrics over the summer, i just wanna get this thing rolling again. I might start the neck so that I can get in the acoustic building mood :D. My progress as of now only includes bending the mahogany sides. I might switch to this insane curly spanish cedar I have but not until I get one acoustic done..

Updates soon hopefully!

-Carousel