Rewiring Strat

rich315

Hello,

New to the forum ive been advised by few of my mates to come on here ...

i have just come into psosesion of my brothers old strat, although the electronics are nackerd so i thought id start again.

The below links are the pickups and wirign kit (very basic ) but i just want it as a side hobby as i play bass mainly but dotn want to see a good guitar gone to waste.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-STRAT-WIRING-...oQQcmdZViewItem

Wiring ^

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-string-3-x-single-...0QQcmdZViewItem

Pickups^

I used to be kean int oelectronics but i am unsure about what capacitor etc i need, i have several wiring diagrams so that isnt a problem, but will these all be compatible and will it give a good sound? if not what do i need ot change or do? i want it to sound fairly high but with a different sound ...

any ideas?

Rich

You can allways improve on the pickups. Keep in mind though what the guitar is worth and the quality of it, you don't want to go into overkill and have better hardware than the guitar warrants.

But as a start those components should get you up and going.

Edited by jaycee

You can allways improve on the pickups. Keep in mind though what the guitar is worth and the quality of it, you don't want to go into overkill and have better hardware than the guitar warrants.

But as a start those components should get you up and going.

what are some better pickupsto go for in future? rest of guitar is good... tbh

[quote

what are some better pickupsto go for in future? rest of guitar is good... tbh

quote]

That's a question you will get a hundred different answers to.

There are so many pickup manufacturers out there ( just google it and you'll find out)

You have the usual ones Seymour Duncan, Di- Marzio, Armstrong........etc but at the end of the day it comes down to taste and what type of sound you like.

Hopefully some of the other PGers who have more experience with pups will pitch in. The ones I have on my strat, I am quite happy with and they are peavey, but until I decide if and when I would like a diffent sound I'll stick with them.

Some of the pickup manufacturers will have sound bites so you can hear what they sound like

Edited by jaycee