Gotm Theme

zyonsdream

Would you be interested?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's not a good idea-there is no way of knowing that guitar (A) would be "better" than guitar (:D. Some basic differences would rely on wood choice, so, it would make sense that whomever had the most expensive wood "wood" win.

I'm sure a bunch of people would say "not necessarily", but that is debatable. The gotm we currently have suits anything we need.

how about this. A guitar of the year. In January, you take all of the GOTM winners and have a final round so there is a guitar of the year.

That would be pretty cool

Excellent idea. No pressure there. One final showdown for all the marbles. Kinda like the Alamo, the Berlin Wall, The Cuban missle crisis........ WHERE'S MY PAPER BAG...... I'm starting to hypervenyolwhnqwnlwqmdnc.. :D

hmm, it was wasnt it :D

I agree some annual kind of thing might be nice but if anything it should complement GOTM, maybe with the 12 winners going through to a GOTY vote.

I like the idea of a GOTY contest. And I disagree that the most expensive wood will win it. Even though it did not win GOTM one of my favorites that I have seen so far was the Shovel Bass. No expensive wood there, and it was VERY original. There is an acoustic that won a few months ago. Nothing fancy on it. And it would be kind of nice to see how the winners stand up against each other.

how about this. A guitar of the year. In January, you take all of the GOTM winners and have a final round so there is a guitar of the year.

This idea gets floated every so often. If it ever happens, I'll bet the farm that the top 3 will all be blue quilt tops. :D

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

-Jerry Seinfeld

I like the idea of a GOTY contest. And I disagree that the most expensive wood will win it. Even though it did not win GOTM one of my favorites that I have seen so far was the Shovel Bass. No expensive wood there, and it was VERY original. There is an acoustic that won a few months ago. Nothing fancy on it. And it would be kind of nice to see how the winners stand up against each other.

thats why i said its debatable----but what i was trying to say was the tele contest would have the same shape for everyone-the only major difference would be the wood. sorry for not describing it better. :D

HAHAHAHAHA, i'm number one on page three! Sorry, i have been considered to be committed

Edited by sb guitars

hahahaha

HaHaHaHaHaHa

HAHAHAHAHAHA

cough cough

HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

Excuse me, i was just having guitar build off, and cariburst flashbacks, i wasnt laughing at you, really.

Tried it, twice now, even gave longer than 2 months, and it didnt work because no-one finished their guitars. The cariburst comp had ZERO finalists, despite there being ten or so entries. The guitar build off had 7 or eight entrants, and only one finished guitar, and this comp was limited to the more experienced guys...

OMG!!! The visions of DEFEAT!!!!!!! LMAO!!! I'm one that didn't finish!!!

MK

Thanks for the reminder Perry!!! Cough cough !!!

• 3 weeks later...
we could easily do it...just make them out of card board......coolest shape wins....aye aye hahaha

Tim, you need to be more open minded about alternative materials :D

Now, you could have a computer generated "mock up" contest, or maybe an "ultimate specification" contest. You will get a flood of people crossing the finish line, bonus points for the most cliche, chambered and or pointy. Call the event "Extream" and your in business.

Peace,Rich

Now, you could have a computer generated "mock up" contest, or maybe an "ultimate specification" contest. You will get a flood of people crossing the finish line, bonus points for the most cliche, chambered and or pointy. Call the event "Extream" and your in business.

Hehehe...then have someone try and actually build it.

Hehehe...then have someone try and actually build it.

are you volunteering Erik :D

thats what i though you were implying but i reckon it would be best to keep that as a seperate thing...maybe where you post options that are available to you and we vote on them rather than have the build completely dictated by one persons idea that would probably mean you have to invest more to fit that specific design.

lets face it - if we did a virtual guitar competition a lot of the submissions would feature some expensive features that might not fit with what you really want to spend on this project

Either way i look forward to it!!

I reckon if we do do a virtual guitar competition we should just try it with the things on this site

http://www.nymphusa.com/kisekae/kisekaeE1.asp

it would limit us to a few secific shapes but lots of other stuff could be done and people could still export them to other image software to add bits not available on the programs if they wished

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys maybe we can do this for a guitar of the year (GOTY) thing or something, I'm in the planning/ gathering parts stage in my build, not sure on the final shape yet, so this would be sweet.

it would probably only work if you got all the winners from '07 into the comp. rather than have every one enter

if you got that set up i'd say it would be a pretty cool comp