Es-335 Plans:

I would like to start making templates and stuff for my future ES-335 project. Where can I get the best plans for them?

Sort of a side-question, what would be the difference between making an ES-335 with F-holes and making an ES-335 with a solid top (e.g. no F-holes)? Any pro's or con's or is it mainly aesthetics since this is a semi-hollow electric guitar? If there is another thread, or a book, that talks about this do not be afraid to save yourself some typing and just tell me to go look for it. Thanks in advance?

-Cheers

• 3 months later...
Make a small donation to Project Guitar and help yourself in the downloads section!

Keith

Thanks Kevin! I can do that.

-Cheers

Quick Update/Stupid Question(s):

I made a donation . . . Where's the download section, and how long do I need to wait to get at them?

-Cheers

Make a small donation to Project Guitar and help yourself in the downloads section!

Keith

Thanks Kevin! I can do that.

-Cheers

Quick Update/Stupid Question(s):

I made a donation . . . Where's the download section, and how long do I need to wait to get at them?

-Cheers

When you log in you will see a section right at the bottom of all the forums labled "Advanced Support Section" wher you will see the link "Downloads and file sharing " If you cant see it contact one of the Administrators.

KEITH :D

Ooh, I didn't know that was available to contributing members. Sounds cool, anyone wanna attest to the accuracy of the plans? I mean, I was hoping to contribute one of these days anyway, but if there's perks I might hafta free up the funds quicker.

It's a pretty nice feature. I would (and will) measure things just to make sure, but they seem pretty sound, basic plans from the few I have looked at.

theres some free plans here:

http://www.watsonbailey.com/plans/

Any thoughts on which would be better to use, the Watson Bailey plans, or the ones from the Downloads section? Or does it really matter? I will be making it a 24.75" scale, so the WB plans will need to be augmented for the neck, but that should be no big deal. The WB plans DO seem much more detailed though, but both look usable.

-Cheers