Knot On Fretboard

It's just a matter of time before it turns into a vortex and pulls you in. Next thing you know, you're stuck in a land with Dinosaurs and green lizard people.

I don't think it's any more prone to "drying" than any other fret-board. All my rosewood boards had a thin coat of paste wax applied many years ago, and they never need anything more.

It's just a matter of time before it turns into a vortex and pulls you in. Next thing you know, you're stuck in a land with Dinosaurs and green lizard people.

DUDE!!! My wife had to come in and see what I was laughing about. That was great. As long as I have a couple of guitars, I'll be OK in the Land of the Lost. I just hope the blue screen effects get better. (Yes, I remember the show well)

Rick500: This is Granadillo. I guess odd twists & swirlies are one of the perks of using Mexican & South American rosewoods.

"A feature" I like your outlook. I just hope your customers see it that way.

I don't see it as an issue in a fingerboard except for it's "feature" potential; LOL. I would be more concerned with features in the structural portions of the neck. As long as the knot is not loose or there are no pot marks you should be OK.

Oil schmoil.

Millions of martins out there without oil do just fine, as do all of my guitars. Can't hurt, but I do think it's complete overkill. Sure, it looks pretty, but unless you've cleaned it fairly agressively with acetone or something, leeching out natural oils and the like, it seems so unnecessary...

Oil schmoil.

Millions of martins out there without oil do just fine, as do all of my guitars. Can't hurt, but I do think it's complete overkill. Sure, it looks pretty, but unless you've cleaned it fairly agressively with acetone or something, leeching out natural oils and the like, it seems so unnecessary...

i think there are reffering to the knot having adverse expasion and other movements that may need more maintenance than a nice quartered ''feature free' fretboard;

which i would agree with as purely a preventative measure