Opposite To Heat-shrink.

Masina

i dont think there is anything of the type. if you try to explain it we could maybe help.

what about using a plastic tube instead of metal? might be able to find a pvc/other insulator tube thats aproximately the size of the inner diameter of the metal tube and hammer it in/glue it in/put tape around it until its a tight fit then put it in.

edit: you could also try to melt wax into it, but i dont know if that would be very reliable.

Edited by black_labb

i dont think there is anything of the type. if you try to explain it we could maybe help.

what about using a plastic tube instead of metal? might be able to find a pvc/other insulator tube thats aproximately the size of the inner diameter of the metal tube and hammer it in/glue it in/put tape around it until its a tight fit then put it in.

edit: you could also try to melt wax into it, but i dont know if that would be very reliable.

Yes, I think I'll have to do that then. Thanks for the input.

...insulate against what? If it's for a wire, just stick a wire (already coated with, y'know, insulation) in it.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. The inside of the actual tube has to be insulated. Like I said it is difficult to explain.

Well opposite heat shrink is not likely to happen, so if you could at least try to explain the dilemma you might get some alternative ideas.

Heat shrink is basically a polymer (like PVC) being cold drawn to a bigger size. When this is later heated up it can shrink 80-90% of the original deformation. It only works one way, and it works because of the great deformations the polymer can return from.

The solution you're looking for doesn't most likely exist, so the quickest way of solving the problem is to just let it go and find an alternative route.